New Year's theme

Gerald Montagna

Nov 9, 2012, 9:44:11 AM11/9/12
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have a song or hymn relating to the New Year?

Bob Marshall

Nov 9, 2012, 11:59:02 AM11/9/12
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
This may be sort of a reach, but it sort of works. “New Day” by Jeff & Sheri Easter. You can extend “day” to “year”. By itself it probably doesn’t work, but mixed in with several other songs that are more on target it might be supportive. Here’s a video I made for the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpkv2w3PKck

Bob Marshall
Cool, CA

Dean Thomas

Nov 9, 2012, 12:05:26 PM11/9/12
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
You might research Advent songs. Since that's the beginning of the church calendar, you might find some things there.
--
Dean Thomas
     a discussion forum for the

Nov 9, 2012, 12:40:11 PM11/9/12
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
I found this on YouTube. It’s called “New Year Worship Song”. Sort of nice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGvYoN2jKU

If you are doing a set on this theme then “Be Thou My Vision” might fit in. Not a direct tie-in, but it could work. Also, songs on the general concept of renewal would work. Something like the old Maranatha song “Breathe On Us Again”. Here’s a video I made for that one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Otp4XJ3Ac. Also an appropriate song right now just after the election.

Bob Marshall
Cool, CA

Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 6:44 AM
Does anyone have a song or hymn relating to the New Year?

David Lee

Nov 9, 2012, 3:16:37 PM11/9/12
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
A hymn often used is Timothy Dudley-Smith's "Lord for the years, your
love has kept and guided", in many hymn books.

Less well-known, but similarly suitable, is his "Here on the threshold
of a new beginning". There's a setting at:
http://www.servicemusic.org.uk/hymnsong.htm

--

: David Lee
: