Theme relating to David and Saul

Gerald Montagna

Sep 30, 2012, 2:20:50 PM9/30/12
to worshi...@googlegroups.com

I am looking for a song or hymn to match a theme relating to David and King Saul.  Specifically, Saul pursued David to the death out of hatred and envy, but God preserved David.  It's basically about God keeping us safe regardless of malice.  All I could think of was the 2nd verse of "In your presence" (by Lynn DeShazo).  "Turn them into friends" by Patch The Pirate is about loving your enemy, but that isn't directly on point, the story here is more about being kept safe from your enemies no matter their level of malice and their strength.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Gerald M.

River Of Life

Sep 30, 2012, 5:19:32 PM9/30/12
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
How about Battle Belongs To The Lord?

Blessings,

Vince

Keith Mahay

Oct 5, 2012, 9:07:26 AM10/5/12
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
You might try "Trouble Won't Go" by Enter The Worship Circle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N9UZ0BC7Do&feature=related

in Christ,

keith
--
Proverbs 14:4
Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean, but abundant crops come by the strength of the ox