Rules changes

1 view

spiritusxmachina

Sep 7, 2010, 9:13:23 AM9/7/10
to Worldwide Warmaster Campaign
As some players asked what advantage an empire has for playing as many
battles as possible (especially if its first battle went very well)
and to prevent players from stepping back from games out of tactical
considerations I would like to introduce a rule change concerning
empire points.

Every empire that plays more battles than their first will get an
Empire Point bonus of 0,2 for every game after the first. So, yes an
empire playing 6 games in a round gets one extra Empire Point.

If someone knows grave reasons that would speak against that, please
post them here (the opinion of CiC prefered). I would like to
introduce that rule immediately so that the empires yellow and blue
still have a chance to catch up.

Claus (Austria)

Sep 7, 2010, 9:27:40 AM9/7/10
to Worldwide Warmaster Campaign
Well.... I personaly don´t like this rule and explain you why.

The charged empire can´t do anything if there are no players stepping
up from the empire who counts as attacker and will get punished for
that automatically.....no matter if there were enough players
available on their side.

And vice versa the empire attacking the other one also get´s punished
for the same.

I would prefer to keep it as a "codex of honor" to try to get as much
games done per battle round as possible.
(Current situation is that I´m looking for a player of BLUE EMPIRE to
play a game with me this friday but could not find one so far.)

Regards
Claus

Jurisch

Sep 7, 2010, 11:55:56 AM9/7/10
to Worldwide Warmaster Campaign
Hi,

I like the idea, but would not take 0,2 bonus points. I prefer 0,1
bonus points, which is nice addon but doesn't have that big impact on
the whole campaign.

spiritusxmachina

Sep 11, 2010, 7:20:52 AM9/11/10
to Worldwide Warmaster Campaign
I changed it to 0.15

Greetings,
Gerald

jchaos79

Sep 30, 2010, 10:53:44 AM9/30/10
to Worldwide Warmaster Campaign
So there is possible to play with the same players more than 1 battle
per turn?

Example if in Madrid in turn 2 Enbaji (red empire) and Edmund (yellow
empire) wants to gather two days and play two games is legal?

spiritusxmachina

Oct 1, 2010, 2:56:38 AM10/1/10
to Worldwide Warmaster Campaign
My decision is to only accept one battle result of battles in exactly
the same player-combination (so Enbaji and Edmund should decide
beforehand which battle should be the official one - or even better
their second battle should be a scenario or played with different
armies - so no bad feelings can come up).

I would find it okay if one player plays more than once against
different opponents!

Still I would not be pleased should I notice this purely happens
because this player is supposed to be the "champion" player of the
empire AND another player has to step back because of that!

Greetings,
spiritusXmachina

jchaos79

Oct 1, 2010, 5:07:50 PM10/1/10
to Worldwide Warmaster Campaign
Ok, sounds good for me. Thanks for the response, and good luck in your
games for all of you

spiritusxmachina

Oct 16, 2010, 8:14:40 AM10/16/10
to Worldwide Warmaster Campaign
"Taking away enemy tiles"

As it could be an issue in that turn.

If you want to take away a tile of the enemy you need to
1) have a common border
2) have played against this enemy in the current turn
3) reach an overall result of at least 2.6 against this enemy alone
without any bonuses (so games against other enemies do not count as
well as the "Glory-Bonus" for playing more than one game)

Example:

Red plays against Yellow and against Black.

Results against Yellow are
R:Y
4:1
2:2
2:3
The average result for Red is 2,67 so they are allowed to take away an
adjacent yellow tile as long as they can afford it (when taking the
tile they may indeed use all empire points they have plus Land Grab).

Results against Black are
R:B
4:1
1:3
The average is 2,5 so Yellow may not take any black tiles this round.

Claus (Austria)

Oct 18, 2010, 5:42:22 AM10/18/10
to Worldwide Warmaster Campaign
Hi Spiritus.

Red is charged by Blue, Black and Yellow Empire.

Only black has direct contact with Red empire ....so only the battles
of Black vers Red could result in a take over of tiles.

Regards
Claus