AttributeError: 'World' object has no attribute

Matthias Roncoroni

Sep 27, 2016, 6:33:14 AM9/27/16
to worldengine
Hi,

I have 2 Problems,

if i generate a world with "-ice", I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 6, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\psi29a\Workspace\worldengine\build\worldengine\out00-PYZ.pyz\cli.main", line 559, in main
  File "C:\Users\psi29a\Workspace\worldengine\build\worldengine\out00-PYZ.pyz\cli.main", line 101, in draw_icecaps_map
  File "C:\Users\psi29a\Workspace\worldengine\build\worldengine\out00-PYZ.pyz\worldengine.draw", line 824, in draw_icecaps_on_file
AttributeError: 'World' object has no attribute 'icecap'

and if i export a world (without -ice), I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 6, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\psi29a\Workspace\worldengine\build\worldengine\out00-PYZ.pyz\cli.main", line 600, in main
  File "C:\Users\psi29a\Workspace\worldengine\build\worldengine\out00-PYZ.pyz\worldengine.imex", line 95, in export
AttributeError: 'World' object has no attribute 'elevation'

I think its the same issue, both methods use the old attribute not the layer.

It would be very nice if somebody can fix it and create a new release because i can't install it from source. I need the windows executable.

Thanks

Federico Tomassetti

Sep 30, 2016, 5:09:26 AM9/30/16
to Matthias Roncoroni, worldengine
Hi Matthias,
I will open an issue for that. Unfortunately all the developers use linux or mac so it is always a pain building windows executables :(

Cheers,
Federico

--
Visit the homepage of the project at https://github.com/Mindwerks/worldengine
---

Matthias Roncoroni

Sep 30, 2016, 9:35:38 AM9/30/16
to worldengine
Thanks for reply.
I tried to install from source first
But the versions from the .whl files are wrong, I think.

https://github.com/Mindwerks/worldengine/wiki/Installing-Worldengine-on-Windows

If you provide me the right files, it should be fine without executables.

Matthias Roncoroni

Oct 1, 2016, 3:36:26 PM10/1/16
to worldengine
I managed to run worldengine from source, now I have to "fight" with pygdal but I think this will be fine, too.

Can you tell me, how I create a new executable from the source (from a windows). It would be easier if I had the standalone for my computing machine.

Thanks
Matthias

Ryan Turner

Oct 2, 2016, 3:27:37 AM10/2/16
to worldengine
To quote myself from another thread (I really need to redo those instructions!):

The instructions need to be updated to reflect the latest builds, as it looks like the latest Numpy version has changed, among other things.

I believe the Windows Binary would be a better choice if you want to test it out quickly and easily. I found a link to a 0.19.0 build here: https://github.com/Mindwerks/worldengine/issues/184#issuecomment-187420235

Matthias Roncoroni

Oct 3, 2016, 4:45:30 PM10/3/16
to worldengine
The release 0.19.0 is not an option for me.
I need the icemap and the export function.

But i managed to install gdal, fixed the 2 bugs described above and generated a windows executable with pyinstaller.

Matthias

Mike Norton

Jan 16, 2017, 10:14:40 PM1/16/17
to worldengine
Matthias, how did you solve the 2 bugs and get it to work?

Thanks.