about contributing and using

Bruno Maximilian Voß

Feb 2, 2018, 9:34:33 AM2/2/18
to worldengine
Hello everyone,

I'm Max and I think I want to use worldengine or something like world engine for a project. I tried installing and running on linux and that didn't really go as smoothly as I would have hoped. I got it on windows and generated a world, which worked. Cool output!

I do want to use it on linux though and I kind of just want the data, not necessarily in image form. The install problems speak for themselves. tl;dr: I'd like to contribute and make worldengine more usable as a python module.

Is this your primary communication channel? Is there a to do list to see where you want to take worldengine?

Nice to meet you all!

Federico Tomassetti

Feb 3, 2018, 3:39:29 AM2/3/18
to Bruno Maximilian Voß, worldengine
Hi Bruno,
the project is pretty stagnating as we could not find the time to work on it. It is the result of years of work, so it is pretty mature and stable but documentation on how to run it can be certainly improved and make it more usable as a python module would really help.

So, happy to see you want to contribute and looking forward to review any contributions you may have.

Cheers,
Federico

--
Visit the homepage of the project at https://github.com/Mindwerks/worldengine