Retrieve setup information from existing worlds

jfos...@u.rochester.edu

Sep 21, 2020, 9:02:37 PM9/21/20
to worldengine
Hi,

Is there a way to retrieve setup parameters from created worlds, specifically the number of plates? I've got a world I generated a while ago and can't seem to replicate it as I've forgotten what the exact setup parameters were. Alternatively, is there a way to generate a greyscale map from an existing world? From what I can tell, once the world has been generated you can only go back and output the ancient map from the .world file.

Thanks,
James

Federico Tomassetti

Sep 25, 2020, 10:46:37 AM9/25/20
to jfos...@u.rochester.edu, worldengine
Hi James,
Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately no, you cannot retrieve
information from an image.
The greyscale map could be obtained by writing a program to do that or
use a program like photoshop or gimp, I think

Cheers,
Federico
> --
> Visit the homepage of the project at https://github.com/Mindwerks/worldengine
> ---

Website at https://tomassetti.me
GitHub https://github.com/ftomassetti

jfos...@u.rochester.edu

Oct 18, 2020, 5:19:03 PM10/18/20
to worldengine
Hi Federico,

No worries, thanks for responding at all!

Do you have the color gradient that you have used to generate the colored heightmap that you could send me?

Thanks,
James