New GUI for WorldEngine - PyInstaller Issues

Shando

Feb 26, 2017, 2:08:08 AM2/26/17
to worldengine
Hi all,

I have *almost* finished my new GUI for WorldEngine with a few changes to the code to allow for changing most of the hardcoded variables in the Simulations.

As a consequence, I'm now trying to build a Windows .exe file using PyInstaller. However, it doesn't seem to like PyPlatec for some reason as I get the following DLL Import error which appears to come from platec.pyd:

D:\Users\Simon\git\WorldEngine\worldengine\dist\main>main
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "worldengine\main.py", line 16, in <module>
  File "c:\users\simon\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-ih0xkd\pyinstaller\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py", line 389, in load_module
  File "worldengine\plates.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "c:\users\simon\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-ih0xkd\pyinstaller\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py", line 546, in load_module
ImportError: DLL load failed: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
Failed to execute script main

Any help, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Shando

PS: If anyone is interested in seeing what I've done so far, the code can be found here:  http://github.com/Shando/WorldEngine_UI/tree/master/WorldEngine/worldengine

Federico Tomassetti

Mar 1, 2017, 3:47:19 AM3/1/17
to Shando, worldengine
I am looking forward to try this, but unfortunately Windows is not my thing :(

Federico

--
Visit the homepage of the project at https://github.com/Mindwerks/worldengine
---

Shando

Mar 1, 2017, 4:42:03 AM3/1/17
to worldengine, the.s...@gmail.com
According to the docs, Pi3D does run on Linux using X Server (http://pi3d.github.io/html/ReadMe.html) and PyQt is cross platform, so I don't see why it can't be ported??

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Linux machine so can't even test, but if someone else wants to try, feel free to do so (I don't think I've used anything - apart from the Windows Pi3D - that's Windows specific??).

Shando

On 26 February 2017 at 08:08, Shando <the.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Federico Tomassetti

Mar 1, 2017, 4:43:43 AM3/1/17
to Shando, worldengine
I was just saying that I cannot help you solving your Windows issues.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Federico

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/worldengine.

Paddy Ganut

Mar 1, 2017, 11:26:33 AM3/1/17
to worldengine, the.s...@gmail.com
Shando, cloned your repo and setting up linux (ran out of patience with windows, sorry) however I am stuck at 'take a look at the Help File (WorlEnging GUI.chm)' do you have a plain text or html version of this document? (tried converting it to html but the app said it was corrupted)

Shando

Mar 1, 2017, 4:04:38 PM3/1/17
to worldengine, the.s...@gmail.com
Hi Paddy,

No worries.

Just uploaded HTML, DOCX & PDF versions to a folder called "Help Files".

Hope one of these is OK (I use HelpNDoc to generate them and I haven't cleaned up the PDF & DOCX, but the HTML one seems alright).

Regards

Shando