Stand-Alone (hopefully!!!) Version of my GUI for WorldEngine (64bit Windows only, sorry!)

Shando

Mar 16, 2017, 9:05:07 PM3/16/17
to worldengine
Hi all,

After much faffing around with PyInstaller, I think I might have managed to create a 'stand-alone' version of my GUI for WorldEngine :):

At the moment it is for 64bit Windows only (as I don't have any machines that are anything but :()

It seems to work fine on my Desktop and Laptop, but I have a nagging suspicion that you *may* have to install Pi3D??

Can someone please give it a try (just run the we_gui_x64.exe file as normal) and let me know if it works???

Thanks in advance

Shando

PS: the total download should be just over 120MB.
PPS: I haven't updated the Help Docs for the latest changes (mainly to do with adding some Advanced Options for Exporting) and I have left the Console displaying so any major issues should show up in it!

Federico Tomassetti

Mar 17, 2017, 3:12:50 AM3/17/17
to Shando, worldengine
Great achievement!
Thanks for your work!

Federico

--
Visit the homepage of the project at https://github.com/Mindwerks/worldengine
---

Matt Henke

Sep 17, 2017, 11:34:41 AM9/17/17
to worldengine
I have been trying to find a fix for this, but can't seem to!
I have the command line version working just fine on both my Mac and my Windows 8 (64 bit).
Each time I try running your GUI, I get this error:
C:\Users\Matt>C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\WorldEngine_UI_Win64-master\we_gui_x64.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "worldengine\main.py", line 40, in <module>
  File "site-packages\PyQt4\uic\__init__.py", line 208, in loadUiType
  File "site-packages\PyQt4\uic\Compiler\compiler.py", line 55, in __init__
  File "site-packages\PyQt4\uic\uiparser.py", line 170, in __init__
  File "site-packages\PyQt4\uic\objcreator.py", line 91, in __init__
  File "site-packages\PyQt4\uic\port_v2\load_plugin.py", line 39, in load_plugin
PyQt4.uic.exceptions.WidgetPluginError: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: expected string without null bytes
Failed to execute script main
And the GUI won't even launch.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

Daniel Valcour

Nov 20, 2017, 10:05:16 PM11/20/17
to worldengine
This isn't working for me, it says World contains no parameter temperature.

Shando

Nov 22, 2017, 4:46:18 AM11/22/17
to worldengine
Hi Daniel,

Not sure what's happening there??

Is the error a Python error (i.e. visible in the Console) or is it a GUI one?

Also, what system are you running on and what Python version?

Hopefully we can work out what's happening, but I probably won't be able to look at it before the weekend.

Shando

Jackson White

Jun 17, 2019, 7:34:41 AM6/17/19
to worldengine
Hello,

i am currectly trying to use pyinstaller to export my game from python to a exe. I am currently using python 2.7. i am having an issue with Command prompt displaying  "compile() expected string without null bytes" does anyone have any pointers on fixing this