Help getting WorldEngine to run on Lubuntu 18.04

Cory Phillips

Aug 19, 2018, 4:05:48 PM8/19/18
to worldengine
I'm not all that knowledgeable with Linux command line tools, so please forgive if this is an insanely stupid issue, but I cannot seem to figure out how to run the program once it's installed. I'm working on a fresh Lubuntu 18.04 installation running in a VirtualBox VM. I did this to avoid any risk of harming my main OS (Ubuntu 16.04) by installing something that didn't work right and caused other problems (has happened to me before).

I installed it with pip, following the instructions on the WorldEngine home page, and it seems to have installed without a hitch, but now I have no idea how to actually try to run it. I tried just typing 'worldengine' at the prompt and, as I expected, it didn't work. I tried 'pip worldengine' but it throws out another error. How do I run the program?