Higher resolution grey-scale height map

Matt Henke

Apr 8, 2018, 1:38:14 PM4/8/18
to worldengine
I have worldengine installed on my Mac, and it works mostly beautifully well.

I've used it to generate a map (2000x1000) that I'd like to have a much higher resolution heightmap (say, 8000x4000).
After looking around a bit, I think the best option might be to use GDAL tools to output a higher quality. I cannot get this to work, though.
Has anyone had luck with getting GDAL to work with World Engine? I get the following error:

"MacBook:~ matt$ /Users/matt/Maps/worldengine -o /Users/matt/Maps/Generated --sat -q 50 -x 2000 -y 1000 -r --gs --scatter

Unable to load GDAL support, no heightmap export possible.

Worldengine - a world generator (v. 0.19.0)

-----------------------

 operation            : world generation

 seed                 : 1105

 name                 : seed_1105

 width                : 2000

 height               : 1000

 number of plates     : 50

 world format         : protobuf

 black and white maps : False

 step                 : full

 greyscale heightmap  : True

 icecaps heightmap    : False

 rivers map           : True

 scatter plot         : True

 satellite map        : True

 fade borders         : False

 gamma value          : 1.25

 gamma offset         : 0.2"

 Or does anyone have a better idea than this?

-Matt

Shando

Oct 2, 2018, 9:27:06 PM10/2/18
to worldengine