Installation/Execution Errors in Windows 10

Tasnim Khan

Jul 16, 2016, 9:36:09 AM7/16/16
to worldengine
Hello,

I ran across World Engine on Github while browsing for interesting projects, and I wanted to try it out for myself. I followed all of the instructions as presented on https://github.com/Mindwerks/worldengine/wiki/Installing-Worldengine-on-Windows, and didn't run into any hiccups until the very last step (python setup.py). I kept on getting the "No Commands Supplied" error, so I looked through the previous posts in this group and tried out the "python setup.py install" and "python setup.py build" commands. Although the installation seems to have gone well, whenever I try to run World Engine from the command prompt, I get the following message:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Worldengine
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\Scripts\worldengine-script.py", line 5, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources.py", line 2880, in <module>
    working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources.py", line 434, in _build_master
    return cls._build_from_requirements(__requires__)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources.py", line 447, in _build_from_requirements
    dists = ws.resolve(reqs, Environment())
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources.py", line 626, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: numpy>=1.9.2,<=1.10.0.post2

Does any one have any suggestions on what steps I should be taking next to proceed?

Ryan Turner

Jul 17, 2016, 1:34:11 AM7/17/16
to worldengine
The instructions need to be updated to reflect the latest builds, as it looks like the latest Numpy version has changed, among other things.

I believe the Windows Binary would be a better choice if you want to test it out quickly and easily. I found a link to a 0.19.0 build here: https://github.com/Mindwerks/worldengine/issues/184#issuecomment-187420235