WebGL view

Christian de Leeuw

Mar 31, 2016, 3:12:12 PM3/31/16
to worldengine
Just played a little bit with Babylon.js, a WebGL library for showing 3D online

Cool huh :-) A nice and fast way to see your world created with WorldEngine.
Wouldn't it be nice to integrate this as a new feature? When generating a new world, a 3D viewer will be generated as well.
greetz

Shando

Apr 2, 2016, 12:55:40 AM4/2/16
to worldengine
Nice :)

I'm looking at using Qt for the GUI so not sure if WebGL plays nicely or not? It appears so, but would need to be PyQt v5.5.1 as the Qt Canvas3D was only introduced in Qt 5.5.

As for the current GUI, I have uploaded my sources to GitHub https://github.com/Shando/WorldEngine_UI/tree/master/WorldEngine/worldengine

I have also attached a few screenies for you. Let me know what you think.

Regards

Shando

Federico Tomassetti

Apr 2, 2016, 4:42:36 AM4/2/16
to Christian de Leeuw, worldengine
Hi Christian,
that looks amazing! I played in the past with Babylon.js but I did not get such nice results.

Yes, I think it would be very interesting to generate a 3D viewer for each world. Can we help you submitting a pull request for that?

Federico

--
Visit the homepage of the project at https://github.com/Mindwerks/worldengine
---

Federico Tomassetti

Apr 2, 2016, 4:43:25 AM4/2/16
to Shando, worldengine
Hi Shando,
that looks amazing. We should refer to your project from the WorldEngine page.

Great stuff!

Cheers,
Federico