Radio2 was blazing its own trail through static files

Dave Winer

Apr 13, 2012, 3:15:15 PM4/13/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com, frontier-user, radio...@googlegroups.com
These changes bring it into the fold, while maintaining compatibility for existing installations.

http://worknotes.scripting.com/april2012/41312ByDw/integratingRadio2sStaticFiles/

I've tested the changes on my server, and they work. This is important because it will remove another step in the Radio2 install, and make the whole system that much easier to maintain. You'll be able to move the static storage for all apps by making a change on the one prefs page in the opmleditor website.

Dave

Dave Jones

Apr 13, 2012, 3:51:06 PM4/13/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
I brought Radio2.root to the front and did Update Front Tool... and got 2 parts.

From the server I then navigated to the Prefs page for OPML Editor and clicked on "Static Files".

I get a 500 error:  "Can't find a sub-table named "pt"

DJ

Dave Winer

Apr 13, 2012, 5:24:33 PM4/13/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
Is it repeatable?

Dave

Dave Winer

Apr 13, 2012, 5:45:46 PM4/13/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
BTW, here's a checklist for finding 500 errors in web pages.

http://finding500errors.blorkmark.com/

This is what I do. Since I'm not there I can't do it on your computer.

But if it's repeatable, this is what has to be done to locate the problem.

Dave

Adam Curry

Apr 13, 2012, 6:01:45 PM4/13/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com, frontier-user, radio...@googlegroups.com
Tested and it works for me.

Currently writing to both the radio2 prefs defined bucket and the opmlEditor prefs defined bucket:

AC

Adam Curry

Apr 13, 2012, 6:32:17 PM4/13/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com, frontier-user, radio...@googlegroups.com
I also tested this with an old test account on my server that has hundreds of users that is using yet a different bucket alltogether.

It alo works!

AC

Dave Jones

Apr 14, 2012, 5:01:56 PM4/14/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
Just a followup:

There must have been some corruption in opml.root.  The more I explored, the less sense it made.  There didn't seem to be anything wrong.  Then the editor started crashing when I would do a CTRL+F search.  A filemenu.savecopy() of opml.root didn't fix it.

To fix, I extracted a virgin OPML package, did the initial update and config, then copied all the roots over (except opml.root) and it's running fine now.  No crashing and the prefs page looks good.

DJ