Problem with heroUnit and titleUnit macros

Adam Curry

May 3, 2012, 4:35:35 PM5/3/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
I want to implement the heroUnit and heroTitle macros but am having issues as detailed here:

http://herounit.curry.com/

AC

Dave Winer

May 3, 2012, 4:48:24 PM5/3/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
It'll be interesting to see if anyone steps up to help you.

This is not a problem you need me personally to solve.

Anyone who understands HTML can do it.

Reminds me of a story. A reporter asked John Lennon if Ringo was the best drummer in the world. He said he might not even be the best drummer in the Beatles. :-)

There are plenty of people on this list that know HTML better than I do.

I heard someone say there's a community here. Let's find out. :-)

Dave

Dave Jones

May 3, 2012, 4:55:30 PM5/3/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
Adam, the hero unit doesn't work in the HTML nodetype because none of the bootstrap code gets brought in.  HTML nodetype is raw.  You'd have to add the appropriate code to the html template to bring in the bootstrap stuff.

DJ

Adam Curry

May 3, 2012, 5:08:38 PM5/3/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to DJ's clue, I got it to work with the <%systemStyles%> macro and by copying DW's styles from his example

http://herounitisgo.curry.com/

w00t! It Worked!

Gonna be building a lot with this :-)

I updated worldoutline.root and double checked the bits.codecasting.org feed. titleUnit wasn't released. It would be great to have that as well.

AC