Heads up -- new stuff to test tonight

Dave Winer

Apr 11, 2012, 4:55:20 PM4/11/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com, frontier-user
I'm factoring the main prefs system, and the first new bit is almost ready to go.

The page where we get the name, mail address and organization has been wrong ever since we supported more than one user.

That should be completely fixed in this update. We need to be able to get this information from all our users.

Dave

Dave Winer

Apr 11, 2012, 6:57:28 PM4/11/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com, frontier-user
Here's the result of today's project.

http://worknotes.scripting.com/april2012/41112ByDw/nameMailAddressOrganization/

If you're running a single server with no SLIde server in the mix, it should "just work." :-)

With the usual disclaimerfs.

Dave

Adam Curry

Apr 11, 2012, 9:17:33 PM4/11/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com, frontier-user
Confirming the settings menu shows up for all users and when submitted, the data is appearing in the members.root user table.

AC

Dave Winer

Apr 11, 2012, 9:33:06 PM4/11/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
good news!

Dan MacTough

Apr 11, 2012, 11:45:03 PM4/11/12
to fronti...@googlegroups.com, world-...@googlegroups.com
Works for me.

Dave Winer

Apr 12, 2012, 12:02:37 AM4/12/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com, fronti...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear.

I'm doing a high wire act without much of a net. :-)

So it's good to know we haven't crashed.

Yet. :-)

On Wednesday, April 11, 2012, Dan MacTough wrote:
Works for me.

Dave Jones

Apr 12, 2012, 12:29:21 AM4/12/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
Confirmed working here also.  Switched users back and forth and unique settings for each were sticky.

DJ