Thoughts on crumbtrail next/prev links redesign

Adam Curry

May 4, 2012, 12:59:25 PM5/4/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
I see DW is evaluating how the crumbtrail next/prev links are designed (my term)

Something I've been hoping to see is next/prev links for thumbList nodetypes.

Is this something that can be taken into account in a possible new implementation, or perhaps a way to do it with a callback that some of the devs on the list can think of?

AC

Dave Winer

May 7, 2012, 10:23:06 PM5/7/12
to World Outline
But I have next/prev links on my thumblists.

http://photos.scripting.com/2012/may

Put a <%prevNext ()%> macro call in your main template and all your
nodetypes will have them.

Dave

On May 4, 12:59 pm, Adam Curry <foobar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see DW is evaluating<http://worknotes.scripting.com/may2012/5412ByDw/crumbstringAndNextpre...>how the crumbtrail next/prev links are designed (my term)

Karsten Wolf

May 8, 2012, 7:19:07 AM5/8/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com

Am 08.05.2012 um 04:23 schrieb Dave Winer:
> http://photos.scripting.com/2012/may

A little off topic but related.

I noticed two bugs for the OPML of that page;

http://photos.scripting.com/2012/may?format=opml

1. It has a not well-formed xml declaration where the encoding and
version tag are exchanged. The way I understand http://www.w3.org/TR/
REC-xml/#sec-prolog-dtd the version tag must be first.

So

instead of

<?xml encoding="ISO-8859-1" version="1.0"?>

2. The body element is not closed.

-karsten

Dave Winer

May 8, 2012, 9:21:20 AM5/8/12
to World Outline
Thanks for the report! :-)

http://worknotes.scripting.com/may2012/5812ByDw/problemsWithOpmlReturns

I was able to fix one of the problems, but not the others (there was
more than what was reported).

A couple of the problems are in the kernel verb, xml.decompile.

Dave

On May 8, 7:19 am, Karsten Wolf <karste...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 08.05.2012 um 04:23 schrieb Dave Winer:
> ...>http://photos.scripting.com/2012/may

> A little off topic but related.
>
> I noticed two bugs for the OPML of that page;
>
> http://photos.scripting.com/2012/may?format=opml
>
> 1. It has a not well-formed xml declaration where the encoding and
> version tag are exchanged. The way I understandhttp://www.w3.org/TR/

Ted Howard

May 8, 2012, 9:45:32 AM5/8/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
On May 8, 2012, at 8:21 AM, Dave Winer wrote:

> A couple of the problems are in the kernel verb, xml.decompile.

Dave,

Is this something I could look at? I should have some time this evening to dig in.

Ted

Dave Winer

May 8, 2012, 10:04:03 AM5/8/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
There's nothing urgent about it.

As far as I know, it's not holding anything up.

Now if I could get buttons on table windows, I could make miracles happen. :-)

Dave

Dave Winer

May 8, 2012, 10:06:12 AM5/8/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
If anyone wants to help -- test the new stuff as it comes online.

It's been ages since I've gotten a bug report relevant to a change I've made.

I know it's not your fault, but this is terrible for the software. I'm not going to be able to unbreak your installations when you report the bugs in a couple of months. (Nor am I going to be motivated to.)

Dave

Adam Curry

May 8, 2012, 11:54:44 AM5/8/12
to world-...@googlegroups.com
Wow. I had no idea!

Just tested this and it works here too!

My mistake is my own confusion. Too many templates :-)

Thank you.

AC