Interested in helping with girls' educational opportunities in Benin?

1 view

Mr. N.

Sep 18, 2009, 5:13:44 PM9/18/09
to World Literature G Block 2009-2010

If anyone is curious about how people in the West can play a role in
helping with girls' educational opportunities in Benin, here are two
organizations that you might be interested in exploring:

FADEC (Femmes Actrices de Développement Communautaire/Women Actors in
Community Development), a French organization that works with Beninese
girls to improve acces to education.

http://fadec.webatu.com/home.php
Email: Fad...@gmail.com.

Batonga Foundation
Created by Beninese singer Angelique Kidjo (I'm actually a fan of her
music) to support both secondary school and higher education for girls
in Africa.

http://www.batongafoundation.org/

I got these links and info from the PBS site...you might know of
others.

Perhaps some of you might want to incorporate activism into your
independent project? If you have ideas, I'm willing to listen.

- Mr. N.