World Line Dance Newsletter Monday, 1/17 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE THIS WEEK!

瀏覽次數:15 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Carol Craven

未讀,
2022年1月17日 上午10:20:262022/1/17
收件者:world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

+

Monday, 1/17

SUBJECT:  Our World Event Calendar 2022 has been updated
FROM: Stacy J Garcia, Stacy...@gmail.com

If you would like your event to be deleted/canceled, changed, or added to our website, please fill out the form below.

Subject: Winter Workshop "Party" January 15th.
From: tknig...@LIVE.COM

This is a follow-up to the wonderful letter Marilyn sent concerning our Workshop.  Kathy & I want to express our appreciation not only to all of the dancers & teachers who attended the event and had such a great time, but also to our partner Marilyn McNeal!  It was our pleasure to have her preform her “Swan Song” at our event!  Not only did she & Larry Bass step up when Cody Flowers had to cancel due to  illness by teaching an extra dance but also as our DJ………..

 We want to thank all of our volunteers, in Kathy & my case that would be Susan Miller, Rhonda Skaggs, Al Renner and last by not least Marilyn’s husband Ray!  These people did more than anyone will ever know………….we, like Marilyn, would like to thank all of her close friends who also did a lot of work behind the scenes!

 Today is Monday and I have already received numerous e-mails from teachers who attended our event saying that they are all planning on teaching the six dances taught by Larry & Marilyn!

 Finally, I’m hoping we will be able to talk Marilyn into helping again for the next event……………..don’t think it will happen, but this is Kathy & my way of saying ………….”We Love You Marilyn”

Kathy & Tom

Subject: Good Times Winter Workshop in Spring Hills, FL

From: Neil Splain

It was a great dance event at the Good Times Line dancer Winter Workshop Event in Spring Hills Florida Saturday.
There were approximately 200 in attendance. Two teacher, Marilyn McNeal and Larry Bass taught six dances in various categories including:
Little Bit Rumba & Crazy Samba by Larry Bass
Don’t I Wish by Larry Bass
Two Years by Gary Lafferty
Till You Can’t by Gary O' Reilly
Plenty of open dance music was played including:
Day Of The Dead
Dizzy
Simplemente
Lonely drum
Lonely Blues
Gypsy Queen
Midnight Mess Around
and Cold Heart
There were donuts and coffee provided at 8:30 and a nice lunch at 12:00 and the festivities wound up at 3:00 pm.

Subject: 23rd Annual Crystal Boot Awards Memory Parade of Nominees

From: Betty Drummond

Watch it back.... it was only three years ago!
What a great time they had dancing that routine. We're looking forward to seeing the Parade of Nominees this year. If you're not with us at Blackpool don't forget you can join us on-line for the entire weekend. www.crystalbootawards.com
23rd Crystal Boot Awards Parade Of Nominees

Subject: Crystal Boot Awards Choreography Competition Info

From: Betty Drummond

CBA CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION.
THANK YOU GARY BRAY. You do a fabulous job managing the Linedancer Website constantly uploading scripts and videos. Today you have excelled - all the dance scripts entered in the CBA CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION are now live on Linedancer. We hope you enjoy checking them out. You are sure to find more than few that you really enjoy.
Once again thanks to everyone who took part.
Click here to view all the scripts. USE THE SEARCH TAG (CBA 2022 Choreography Competition) and they will come up. https://www.linedancerweb.com

 Subject: SUNDAY LINE DANCING WORKSHOP AT JK SHUFFLES

FROM: JILL WEISS   JI...@FREESPINDANCE.COM

JK SHUFFLES
EVERY SUNDAY 5-8 PM EST
5-6 PM BEGINNER/IMPROVER
6-8 PM IMPROVER-ADVANCED
INSTRUCTOR:  JILL WEISS

Sunday Night Line Dancing workshop tonight at JK Shuffles, both live and on Zoom...I taught/reviewed:
Fun For All by Sue Ann Ehmann
Some Kind of Wonderful by Gary O' Reilly
Neon Light by Jill Kaufman Weiss (danced to Fancy Like)
You Had Me at Drink by Rob Holley
Far Ahead by Jean-Pierre Madge
Cold Sets In by Guillaume Richard/Jannie Tofte Andersen

Jill D Weiss

JK Shuffles &
Fat City Screen Printing & Embroidery
99 Danbury Road

SUBJECT:  LINE DANCING THIS WEEK WITH JILL & KEVIN AT JK SHUFFLES

FROM:  JILL WEISS    JI...@FREESPINDANCE.COM

Hi Everybody!

One Zoom login for ALL CLASSES AND DANCES here at JK Shuffles.  Save this Zoom link and use it every time you join us for a class/dance/event...
 https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2026894831

Also, you have payment options:
Paypal: jill@freespindance  (a fee is charged to either you or me!)
Apple Pay: 203-417-1875   ( no fee)
Venmo: Jill-Weiss-22   (no fee)

In person (always happy to see you!)
Mail a check (monthly is OK) to:  Jill Weiss, 8 Summit Street, New Milford, CT  06776 (payable to JK Shuffles)

Sunday:         Line dance lessons 5-8 pm EST, both live and on Zoom:
                        5-6 Beginner/Improver
                        6-8  Improver-Advanced

Monday:        Improver Class 1:30-3   LIVE AND ON ZOOM

Monday:        7-9 PM EST  Beginner/Improver LIVE AND ON ZOOM

Tuesday:        Open dance with requests/reviews 7- 10 PM EST LIVE and on ZOOM

Thursday:      10-11:30 AM Easier Intermediate Class  LIVE AND ON ZOOM

Thursday:      Intermediate Advanced Class 7-10 PM EST LIVE AND ON ZOOM
Saturday:       Open Dance both live and on Zoom:
                        5-7:15 Intermediate/Advanced Progressive Open dance
                        7:15-10  All request open line and partner dancing!

Sunday:         Line dance lessons 5-8 pm EST, both live and on Zoom:
                        5-6 Beginner/Improver
                        6-8  Improver-Advanced

EVERY SUNDAY:   https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2026894831
Sunday Line Dancing Workshop, all levels...

5-8 PM EST
$10

LIVE AT JK SHUFFLES OR VIA ZOOM:
5-6  Beginner/Improver
6-8  Improver-Advanced

EVERY MONDAY: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2026894831
IMPROVER LEVEL CLASS
LIVE AND ON ZOOM
1:30-3 PM EST

$7

EVERY MONDAY:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2026894831
BEGINNER/IMPROVER LEVEL CLASS
LIVE AND ON ZOOM
7-9 PM EST

$7

EVERY TUESDAY EVENING:   https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2026894831
OPEN DANCE by request with reviews, improver/intermediate country and mainstream
LIVE AND ON ZOOM
7-10 PM EST

$10
PLAN ON DANCING A LOT - BRING YOUR REQUESTS...all genres of music, all levels of dance

EVERY THURSDAY MORNING:
 https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2026894831
Dancer-friendly intermediate class, both classics and new dances
LIVE AND ON ZOOM
10-11:30 AM EST

$7

EVERY THURSDAY EVENING:  https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2026894831
 7-10  Intermediate/Advanced Class at JK Shuffles
 LIVE AND ON ZOOM

$10

Subject: Snapshot of Most Popular Dances on Copperknob.co.uk as of 1/17/22

From: George

Most Popular In The Last 7 Days

1
(4259 Views)
'Til You Can't  Gary O'Reilly (IRE) - December 2021

        32 Count    4 Wall    Intermediate   Music: 'Til You Can't - Cody Johnson

2
(4038 Views)
Danger Twins  Karl-Harry Winson (UK) & Jamie Barnfield (UK) - January 2022

        32 Count    4 Wall    Low Intermediate   Music: Movin' - Danger Twins : (amazon.co.uk)

3
(3014 Views)
Do It With Style  Maryse Gagnon (CAN) & Stéphane Beauchamp (CAN) - January 2022

        32 Count    4 Wall    High Beginner   Music: Style - Danger Twins : (iTunes / Amazon)

4
(2289 Views)
Wannabe My Lover  Alison Johnstone (AUS), José Miguel Belloque Vane (NL) & Roy Verdonk (NL) - January 2022

        48 Count    4 Wall    Phrased Improver   Music: Wannabe - Spice Girls : (iTunes)

5
(2215 Views)
Looking at Me  Mark Furnell (UK) & Chris Godden (UK) - January 2022

        48 Count    2 Wall    Intermediate   Music: Looking at Me - Sabrina Carpenter

6
(2062 Views)
Take It  Tina Argyle (UK) - December 2021

        32 Count    4 Wall    Improver   Music: 'Til You Can't - Cody Johnson : (amazon & itunes)

7
(2024 Views)
In Heaven  Karl-Harry Winson (UK) - January 2022

       36 Count    2 Wall    Intermediate NC2   Music: Heaven - Jason Aldean : (Album: Macon)

8
(1816 Views)
Some Kind Of Wonderful  Gary O'Reilly (IRE) - November 2021

        32 Count    4 Wall    Beginner   Music: Some Kind Of Wonderful - Rod Stewart : (iTunes & amazon)

9
(1612 Views)
When You Hold Me Tonight  Micaela Svensson Erlandsson (SWE) - January 2022

       32 Count    4 Wall    Beginner   Music: Don't Close Your Eyes - Christopher King

10
(1508 Views)
Cold Heart  Maddison Glover (AUS) - August 2021

        32 Count    4 Wall    Improver   Music: Cold Heart (PNAU Remix) - Elton John & Dua Lipa

Subscribe & Unsubscribe

Questions

Email Us at tka...@aol.com!

How to Post in the Newsletter

To post something in the newsletter, send an email to tka...@aol.com using the following format:

SUBJECT: What, When, City, State (or City/Country if outside of the U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

How to Vote in the Weekly Survey

List up to 8 of your favorites with choreographer and level if you know it and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6:30 PM EDT on Sunday. Please add the choreographer and level of the dance if you know it.

Reminder from Carol

Please do not number the votes 1-8, send me extra things, or put the name on one line and the other information on another line, it saves me time because I have to erase all extra things and spacing and formatting before I can sort. Thanks, as always, for your votes. Classes, socials, and events are starting again and we NEED to know what dances most people will know or want to know so your vote is important.

Copyright 2004-2020 - World Line Dance Newsletter - tka...@aol.com

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息