World Line Dance Newsletter 1/3 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

已查看 9 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Carol Craven

未读,
2022年1月3日 10:08:362022/1/3
收件人 world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

+

Monday, 1/3

Are you ready for 2022?  Doesn't today feel like the first day of 2022?  It does to me.  Hopefully we will have a NORMAL year ahead once this latest variant is gone.  I am getting tested this afternoon because I'm pretty sure I got it on Christmas Day and forget getting tested in Florida unless you want to stand in line for hours.  I have an appointment today that I made last week so we shall see.  Fortunately whatever I had was not severe and starting yesterday I felt 95 percent well and today is better than yesterday.  I hope all of you are doing fine and being careful when you go out because it is very contagious.

Subject: Our World Event Calendar 2022 has been updated

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, Stacy...@gmail.com,

If you would like your event to be deleted/canceled, changed, or added to our website, please fill out the form below.

Stacy J Garcia
stacy...@gmail.com
World Line Dance Newsletter Website
www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

SUBJECT:  UCWDC WORLDS SCHEDULE AND OTHER INFORMATION

Remember that there will be a live feed from the event by Kelly Cavallero at 7 Arrow Media (You can read about it on Facebook and check out his youtube site).

Subject: The winner of the CBA's 2022 Choreography Competition

I’m so honoured to have won the CBA 2022 Choreography Competition. I’ll never forget getting that call from Betty Drummond on New Year’s Eve.  The prize is the opportunity to debut and teach my dance at the CBA’s.  How awesome!  There were 70 dances submitted and they are all so good. I still can’t believe mine was chosen.  Please check out all these wonderful dances which are now on Linedancerweb.com.  Just search “CBA 2022 Choreography Competition” and the dances will be listed.

You can register to watch the whole CBA weekend which includes workshops by top choreographers and instructors, evening socials, the fabulous Saturday evening show and the Awards Ceremony.

It is always such an exciting event. I hope you can join in the fun.

Elaine Cook
Bancroft, Ontario, Canada

NOTE FROM ME:  Congratulations, Elaine!  Quite an accomplishment with all the wonderful entries.  You will have a wonderful time at this event!

Subject: Dallas Bull, Tampa, Florida, USA, Thursday December 30, 2021

FROM:         Dori McCormack  (please note - I am not the instructor
                     Dor...@aol.com

OK, sorry this is so late but I was traveling home the night this happened. Here is the playlist for Thursday, December 30, 2021 from the Dallas Bull in Tampa, FL. Our instructor, Melanie Cheever sent me the list of music, so now you have it!
OPEN:
Ain't Misbehavin' by Guyton Mundy, Jo Thompson-Szymanski & Amy Glass
11:59 by Rachael McEnaney-White
Cold Heart by Maddison Glover
Lay Low by Darren Bailey
The Vibe by Tim Johnson
Muddy Water Healing by Maddison Glover & Adrian Lefebour
Good To Go by Scott Blevins
Stomp Down by Jose Miguel Beloque Vane & Sebastian Holtland
TEACH:
Midnight Mess Around by Adia Nuno
OPEN:
Angel & Corona by Darren, Kate, Guylaine, & Roy V.
Raised Like That by Darren Bailey
You're So Cute by Jon La May
The Wolf by Jonno Liberman
TEACH:
Wild by Mimmi Danielsson
OPEN:
Your Loving Arms by Vikki Morris
TEACH:
Stomp Your Boots by Roy Verdonk & Annette Rosedahl Dam
OPEN:
I Was On A Boat by Trevor Thornton
QUICK REVIEW:
45 Degrees by Ria Vos
Just A Lil Bit by Step5678
NEW TEACH:
From The Deep South by Kate Kardiff - this is a 48 count, 2 wall, beginner level dance done to a Josh Turner song called Deep South. There is one restart in this dance from 2017.
OPEN:
You Drive Me Out by Suhada Husen, Luci Chryz, & Julita Chia
TEACH:
Gives Me Shivers by Brandon Zahorsky
REVIEWS:
Midnight Mess Around, Stomp Your Boots
OPEN:
My Friend Named Jack by Pam Wingo
From The Deep South by Kate Kardiff
Gives Me Shivers by Brandon Zahorsky
Trouble Maker by Dawn Rathbun
Talkin' Tennessee by Cathy Snow
WCF (Need This) by Becca Fulford
South of Queens by Roy Verdonk & Sebastien Bonnier
Wild by Mimmi Danielsson

This is all I received so this is all you get. I don't even know who was there to help in the DJ booth, if anyone, and I have no idea who our bartender was, so I'll just leave it as:
Thanks to Melanie Cheever for all the teaches and open dances done. Even though I wasn't there, I'm very sure she did her usual great job!
Thanks to whomever helped in the DJ booth (if anyone), and thanks to the bartender (I'm guessing it was Webb) for keeping the drinks flowing for all the dancers.
Thanks to all of you for coming to the Dallas Bull and dancing. I understand Diane was back there and she is always missed when she's unable to dance with us. I should be returning this coming Thursday night, so come out and give me a shout! I feel as if I've been away for far too long.
Doors open at 7 PM and lessons begin about 7:30 PM. Thursday night is Ladies Night where ladies receive free drink tickets with their paid admission. If you haven't been in awhile, come find out what the fun is all about! Till then, Happy New Year everybody!

Subject:  Sunday Line Dancing Workshop at JK Shuffles

JK SHUFFLES
EVERY SUNDAY, BOTH LIVE AND ON ZOOM
5-6 PM EST BEGINNER/IMPROVER
6-8 PM EST IMPROVER-ADVANCED
INSTRUCTOR:  JILL WEISS

Sunday Line Dance Workshop tonight, both live and on Zoom....I taught/reviewed:

Neon Light by Jill Kaufman Weiss (danced to Fancy Like and more)
Happy Does by Hana Ries (danced to Stretchy Pants and Happy Does)
Some Kind of Wonderful by Gary O' Reilly
The Queen by Guillaume Richard et al
Malibu Nights by Joey Warren

--

Jill D Weiss
JK Shuffles &

Subject: Snapshot of most popular on copperknob.co.uk as of 1/3

From: George

Most Popular In The Last 7 Days

1
(3021 Views)
Everywhere  The Highlander (UK) - December 2021

        32 Count    4 Wall    Beginner   Music: Everywhere (BBC Children In Need) - Niall Horan & Anne-Marie

2
(2652 Views)
You Had Me at Drink  Rob Holley (USA) - December 2021

        32 Count    4 Wall    Low Intermediate   Music: Drink Had Me - Jordan Davis : (CD: Buy Dirt - iTunes)

3
(2048 Views)
Take It  Tina Argyle (UK) - December 2021

        32 Count    4 Wall    Improver   Music: 'Til You Can't - Cody Johnson : (amazon & itunes)

4
(1968 Views)
'Til You Can't  Gary O'Reilly (IRE) - December 2021

        32 Count    4 Wall    Intermediate   Music: 'Til You Can't - Cody Johnson

5
(1737 Views)
A Little Bit Louder  Maggie Gallagher (UK) - October 2021

        32 Count    2 Wall    Improver   Music: Little Bit Louder - Mimi Webb : (Album: Seven Shades of Heartbreak - Amazon & iTunes)

6
(1310 Views)
Don't You Hold Me Down  Darren Bailey (UK) - December 2021

        80 Count    0 Wall    Phrased High Intermediate   Music: Don't You Hold Me Down - Alan Walker & Georgia Ku

7
(1252 Views)
Lonely Inside  Antoinette Claassens (NL) - December 2021

        64 Count    4 Wall    Improver   Music: Right here, right now - Stefan Van Den Hout

8
(1104 Views)
Stomp Your Boots  Roy Verdonk (NL) & Annette Rosedahl Dam (DK) - December 2021

        32 Count    4 Wall    High Improver   Music: Stomp Your Boots - YA'BOYZ

9
(949 Views)
Some Kind Of Wonderful  Gary O'Reilly (IRE) - November 2021

        32 Count    4 Wall    Beginner   Music: Some Kind Of Wonderful - Rod Stewart : (iTunes & amazon)

10
(920 Views)
Only Us  Maggie Gallagher (UK) - November 2021

        32 Count    4 Wall    Intermediate   Music: Only Us - Carrie Underwood & Dan + Shay : (From The "Dear Evan Hansen" Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Subscribe & Unsubscribe

Questions

Email Us at tka...@aol.com!

How to Post in the Newsletter

To post something in the newsletter, send an email to tka...@aol.com using the following format:

SUBJECT: What, When, City, State (or City/Country if outside of the U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

How to Vote in the Weekly Survey

List up to 8 of your favorites with choreographer and level if you know it and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6:30 PM EDT on Sunday. Please add the choreographer and level of the dance if you know it.

Reminder from Carol

Please do not number the votes 1-8, send me extra things, or put the name on one line and the other information on another line, it saves me time because I have to erase all extra things and spacing and formatting before I can sort. Thanks, as always, for your votes. Classes, socials, and events are starting again and we NEED to know what dances most people will know or want to know so your vote is important.

Copyright 2004-2020 - World Line Dance Newsletter - tka...@aol.com

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子