World Line Dance Newsletter Tuesday 5/28 No Regular Newsletters until Monday. See note.

Carol Craven

May 28, 2024, 9:46:21 PMMay 28
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Please Remember to vote this week.  List up to 8 of your favorites and please use this format.  Thanks to everyone who votes early because it save me so much time on Sunday!

Dance/Choreographer/Level (if you know the level)

Thank you all for taking the time to vote!

NOTE FROM ME: I will be at the Line Dance Marathon so there will be no regular newsletter until Monday. That doesn't mean you don't have to vote! I'll be sending the votes to Stacy and she will keep them so I can tabulate them when I get home so please remember since I won't be able to nag you as awesomely as I usually am able to do. LOL. Hope to meet a lot of you in person and talk to people I haven't seen in ages! Safe travels everyone. Be sure and check in on the Facebook page because everyone will be posting photos and videos and chatting about the event -- including meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. If you aren't a member yet, why not? I approve every single person before they can join. Good luck to everyone in the finals of the USLDCC Competition. I can't wait to see you perform and cheer you on.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2695650167181711/

SUBJECT: Our World Event Calendar 2024 & 2025 has been updated

SUBJECT:  The Barn-Anza 14 - Aug. 17th at The Barn in Sanford
FROM:  Janis and Lindy  (danc...@hotmail.com) and (lindysda...@gmail.com)
Here is your latest reminder that it's that time once again to get registered for The Barn-Anza 14!!!  It almost always sells out early so don't wait too long!  This year it is on Aug. 17th and from 10 to 4 and then a dinner break and the line dance party starts at 7 p.m. (free evening admission to The Barn for the party is included with your registration).

Please remember that there are NO CUPS/CONTAINERS/DRINKS...even WATER allowed so drink in your car and leave the container there....please.  During the workshop, water and soft drinks are only $1.00!!

Lunch is included along with raffles, step sheets that you can take pictures of,  a chance to win an event pass, and lots of fun!  And did I mention free admission to The Barn for the evening with your registration?!!

Our instructors will be John Robinson and Brandon Zahorsky - always a fun combo, and will bring some fun new dances for us to work on.  AND bring some extra $ because John will have his 'Super J-Mart' and you know you will want something!

Janis and I will have the registration forms at our classes and hope you will come dance with us for a fun day that is highly anticipated all year.

CHANGE THIS YEAR.... in the host hotel.  It will be The Comfort Inn & Suites in Sanford, as Janis was able to get a better deal for you!!!  ...... You're welcome!!!
Subject: The Stomp Event, Australia

From: Maddison Willims

NEW WORKSHOPS 🤠🤎🫶🏼

You asked and I listened 😉 I’m doing my best to open additional events for those who missed out on workshops in the Music Lounge.
Please read each flyer carefully 🙏
Tickets for these workshops will be available from 10am on Thursday 30th May 🤞
Maddy & Josh’s Friday workshops will be repeated on Saturday so if you already have a Saturday workshop ticket with them, please keep this in mind 🫶🏼
You will be able to see the new “events” listed on the Merrigong website from 10am 30/05/24.
Thank you for your patience 🤎

All reactions:
Jeff Mullins and 22 others

From:Subject: Dancin' w/Trev 5_28
From: dancingw...@gmail.com

DWT-LOGO_v3-02.png

Happy Tuesday my friends! Hopefully everyone has recovered from the long weekend! I hope you were all able to have a nice day off from work and celebrate memorial day with friends & family.
I'm looking forward to seeing many of you this week- Please note- I will NOT be at The Barn this coming Saturday June 1st, as I will be in Canada watching my sister get married. :)

I realize that my e-mail last week had some incorrect dates on them! I do apologize! (my daytime job, I'm constantly working a month ahead and utilize next months dates- I must have been in the wrong "zone" when doing my e-mail! sorry!)

**I know that many of you have been having some issues on the main floor with it being "sticky" management has been made aware and they're actively trying to find the best solution, to help maintain the integrity of the dance floor to be clean/safe, and also more easily danced on. without it feeling "waxed" and sticky. (Please do NOT put anything on the dance floor such as powder/dance wax, etc. This is NOT good for our floor, or the machines that clean it.)**

If you don't follow me on Instagram-Please check it out and give me a like and a follow-

DancingwithTrevor1216

This week at the Barn-
Wednesday night-5/29
 -Deana will still be having class in the Karaoke room, and the "Micro Maidens" will be in the main room. NO Country swing classes this week.
Thursday night-5/30  Thirsty Thursday! I will be with you guys in the main room, Janis will be with you in the karaoke room.
Friday - 5/31
 -  Deana will be with you all in the main room. Lynn will be with you in the karaoke room.
Saturday 6/1 - Ladies Night! There will only be 1 class in the main room this week with Janis!

  Upcoming events and dates to know @ The Barn-

1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month- Bike Night-
2nd Wednesday is "Jeep & Bike Night"
4th Wednesday is "Sound compeition" Loudest Bike!
1st Friday of every month is "Dance Day"- where we welcome 12 years old and up to come take dance lessons- Bring your kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews/brothers/sisters- The whole fam!
2nd Friday of every month is "Couples Dance" night. With Dre! I believe this is a mix of "two-Step" & West coast Swing. You'll have to try it out and let me know!

Wednesday May 29, 2024- Micro Maidens (🤦🤷)
Friday June 21- Sunday June 23rd. - Shoreline & Country Swing Weekend.
Saturday August 17, 2024- Barnanza 14
Friday August 23, 2024 - Hayden Coffman in Concert!
Saturday August 24, 2024 - Truck Pulls "Tug of Wars"

Below are the dances that I taught this past week- The highlighted Links will take you to the original Step sheets, which also include many different Demo and tutorial videos for you to review, if you wish!

Dances taught Thursday 23rd.

  • "Neon Does" - Trevor Thornton- Music = Neon Does- By: Bryce Leatherwood
    Step sheet has not yet been released- (but it is done. :)
  • "Put it On" - Rob Fowler Music = Put it on me by: Briannah Leah
    Put it on- Step Sheet

  • "Had Some Help" **Had a lot of fun with this one - Teaching it both as a "Line Dance" & in Sweetheart position with a partner!- Dustin Valcalda & Sierra Gil  Music =I Had Some Help (feat. Morgan Wallen) - Post Malone
    Had Some Help- Step Sheet

Dances taught Saturday 25th.

  •  "Had Some Help" **Had a lot of fun with this one - Teaching it both as a "Line Dance" & in Sweetheart position with a partner!- Dustin Valcalda & Sierra Gil  Music =I Had Some Help (feat. Morgan Wallen) - Post Malone
    Had Some Help- Step Sheet
  • "Here to Dance" - Maddison Glover - Music- Here To Dance by: The Veronicas
    Here to Dance- Step sheet
  • "Rocket to the Sun" - Maddison Glover- *Alternate music* - September- Trolls version of the song.
    Rocket to the Sun- Step Sheet

Upcoming Line dance workshops!

If you'd like more information on Line dance events more wide-spread. Please look up and follow "line dancers on facebook" Or E-mail Tka...@aol.com and request to be put on the "world line dance newsletter" (and the Facebook Group is "The World Line Dance Newsletter - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2695650167181711/ ) They do a fantastic job sharing all things Line dance! Additionally- If you'd like to join the LIne dancers on Facebook group you can here- https://www.facebook.com/groups/2695650167181711/

June 21-23, 2024 Shoreline & Country Swing- This is a very unique and fun weekend with both Swing & Line dance competitions! This year, the workshop weekend will be held at The Barn in Sanford! ;) Right in our backyard, so I hope to see the "Barn" dancers well represented! Click here for registration!-------->ShoreLINE & Country Swing

June 27-30, 2024 Line Dance Branson- Where are all my MO friends at?!
Being held at the Thousand Hills Resort in Branson, MO- This will be a fun weekend with some really great instructors! Please reach out to Joy Kennedy with any questions and to receive a registration flyer! Joy...@msn.com or find her on fb for more updates at "Line dancing with JOY"

July 11-14, 2024 - JcDance Productions, presents- F.I.T.S. (Fun in the Sun)  This is a weekend I look forward to every year! Bring the kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews/cousins- Because this event is meant for everyone of all ages! Top Instructors from around the world teaching ALL levels! Click here to register--->  Fun in The Sun 2024

July 25-28, 2024 "YESSS!!" Dance Convention 2024 - This will be year 5 for the event, and it seems like every year it continues to grow larger and larger! They have Line dance and Country Swing competitions that will be held on a rather large scale so you don't want to wait to sign up- Lots of fun workshops to help improve your skills! Visit the website for Registration here--
YESSS!! Dance Convention 2024

October 5-6, 2024 Wild Roses--Kentucky Derby Party!

This event will be held once again at the Riverwalk center- in Fort Pierce, Fl. This years instructors will be Trevor Thornton / Willie Brown-

I'm super stoked already for this one! As it will be one of my favorite "themes!" Check out the Wild Roses Foundation- and how you can get registered, or even support the team! Wild Roses Foundation Workshop

October 24-27, 2024 Motor City Dance classic! This year's theme is "Day of the Dead." I was so happy to be invited back again! The staff and camaraderie, was electric! Check out their website for more info and registration Motor City Dance Classic

December 5-8, 2024 - JcDance Productions, presents- Florida Line Dance Classic-  -This is a fantastic convention local for many of you who come to my regulatory classes- and one of my favorite "events" every year! This event offers- USLDCC choreography competition, as well as the ProAm competition hosted by the Wild Roses! - This event offers Top Instructors from around the world teaching ALL levels! Click here to register--->  Florida Line Dance Classic 2024 (Also- don't forget that this event offers a "post event disney trip" - you can join a few of the instructors for a fun-filled magical day at Disney world following the dance event! - Reach out to Jennifer Cameron for more info:
JenC@practicallyperfectvacations for more info-

March 16-22, 2025 JC DANCE PRODUCTIONS INC. AT SEA!

I cannot tell you how excited we are for this line dance CRUISE!- On the Royal Caribbean "Oasis of the Seas" leaving out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida- With an electrifying staff! OoohhH baby- we gonna have some fun! Please note- you must book through Jennifer Cameron, in order to get the discounted rates!

--

January 18, 2025 Good Times Line Dance Winter Workshop

This event is held at St. Joan of Arc Church Hall in Spring Hill Florida. One day workshop from 10-3pm.

Looking forward to my 2nd year, and working with Larry Bass For more information and registration- Please e-mail Tom Knight: Tknig...@live.com - you can also call if you have any quick questions, (727) 247-3040

**Fuego Dance shoes** 10% off code =  <TrevorT10>
These shoes have been taking over the Line dance community by storm! Everyone is getting them, and I love hearing the feedback STILL about how people are enjoying & still loving their new Fuego's

I highly recommend checking out "Fuego's". I've placed their website here.
Fuego Dance Shoes
 Just use promo code TREVORT10 at checkout, to get yourself 10% off!

I have these shoes in both all white and all black, and I actually wear them as regular everyday shoes too. I love that they're actual dance shoes without having to be suede on the bottoms. Less likely to get messed up! They boast about how you can dance "anywhere" concrete pads/asphalt/driveway/dance floor.. they're also right. you really can. While also having comfort and support. Many people have asked- "yes, they fit true to size" IF you wear Insoles in your shoes, buy 1/2 size up.

 Anyway- you can check them out for yourself!
***I have a promo code you can use to get a discount as well!***
Promo code TREVORT10 at checkout. ;)

Fuego Dance Shoes

--

Trevor Thornton,

USLDCC- Champion
Choreographer/Instructor
#FSdance
 "Dance to Express, Not impress"

Subscribe & Unsubscribe

Questions

Email Us at tka...@aol.com!

How to Post in the Newsletter

To post something in the newsletter, send an email to tka...@aol.com using the following format:

SUBJECT: What, When, City, State (or City/Country if outside of the U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

How to Vote in the Weekly Survey

List up to 8 of your favorites with choreographer and level if you know it and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6:30 PM EDT on Sunday. Please add the choreographer and level of the dance if you know it.

Reminder from Carol

Please do not number the votes 1-8, send me extra things, or put the name on one line and the other information on another line, it saves me time because I have to erase all extra things and spacing and formatting before I can sort. Thanks, as always, for your votes. Classes, socials, and events are starting again and we NEED to know what dances most people will know or want to know so your vote is important.

Copyright 2004-2020 - World Line Dance Newsletter - tka...@aol.com

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.