World Line Dance Newsletter Tuesday 1/4 & Wednesday 1/5 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE THIS WEEK!

Carol Craven

Jan 5, 2022, 10:27:02 AM1/5/22
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

+

Tuesday 1/4 & Wednesday 1/5

Good luck to everyone competing at Worlds.  Tomorrow starts the line competition so be sure and get signed up so you can watch the individuals and teams.  It's free to watch but you need to register.  Click on the link below from Kelly and you will get there.

I know you are busy but please remember to vote!  If you do it early then you won't have to think about it.  Just list up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com by 6:30 pm (NY Time) Sundays.  Please use this format:
Dance/Choreographer/Level (If you know the level)

Subject:  Parade of Countries and States & World Team Match Challenge

From:  Kelly Cavallero

TONIGHT IT GOES DOWN!!!!
Parade of Countries and States & World Team Match Challenge!!!!
Make sure to tune in this evening!!!!
Link to live stream:

Subject: PLEASE READ ABOUT LDD THIS WEEKEND IN ORLANDO

From: LINDY BOWERS

BAD NEWS:  When I got to the center this morning, the manager told me that we cannot have LDD this Saturday.  The City needs that room for a celebration of life for someone on Sat.  There was no way to change it to another room or another Saturday, so we will have to cancel our January LDD.

GOOD NEWS:  We will keep the playlist the same for Feb. 5th LDD, so everyone will have plenty of time to learn all of the dances they want to do.  Plus we will have an extra month for this covid outbreak to taper down (we hope).

LET'S DANCE
Lindy

SUBJECT:  LDD - CANCELLED for JANUARY
FROM:  Lindy

Well, I added two dances to the end of the playlist for FEB. but otherwise it is the same as it was to be for January.

FEB. 5, 2022  -     LDD PLAYLIST    -   1 TO 4 P.M.

1

I Was On A Boat/Thornton

26

South Of Queens/Verdonk & Bonnier

*

2

Little Bit Salty/Holley

27

Champagne Promise/Argyle

3

Just Fly/Roy,Fiona,Jo

28

Loose Change/T.Johnson

*

4

Midnight Mess Around/Nuno

29

Askin’ Questions/L.Bass

5

Just Vibin’/J.Robinson

*

30

SUDA/Sobrielo

*

6

Late Night Habits/Wetzel/Bad Habits/Maggie&Gary/Bad Habits/beg.

31

I’ve Seen It All/O’Reilly

7

Pontoon/G.Smith

32

Wreck This Town/Holley +

Save Your Tears/Rodgers

8

Truth Be Told/Glover

Sleepy Eyes/Palmer &Palmer

33

Muddy Water Healing/Glover +

Skip The Line/Sala

9

Madelyn/Bailey/Undivided/G.Smith

34

Foolish/Bailey-Simplemente/Sala

10

Blinding Lights/Schneider&Dick

Blinding Lights/Lecaillon

35

What A Song Can Do/Barton

11

Let Me Do My Thang/Thornton

*

36

Break It To Me Gently/Bass

12

Here We Go/Maggie&Gary

37

Easy On Me/Gary & Maggie

13

Get It Right/Glover

38

Give Me Shivers/Wetzel  +(floor splits!!)

14

Looking Up/Maggie G.

39

Dance Before You Leave Me/Maggie G.

Keep It Simple/Maggie G.

15

Senorita LaLaLa/Wetzel

40

45 Degrees/Vos

16

Knockin’ Boots/Cody/Hanna

41

Train Wreck/Poulsen

17

Everywhere/The Highlander

*

42

Raised Like That/Bailey

18

Best Day Ever/Glass-Bailey

43

Thrill Me Cha Cha/Johnson&Wheatley

19

Would Have Loved Her/Bailey

44

Southern Dreams/M.Glover

20

Corn/Fowler

45

Take You For Granted/Glass

*

21

Weekend Vibes/Winson&Barnfield

46

Mississippi Countdown/Robinson

*

22

Cold Heart/Glover

47

Don’t You Hold Me Down/Bailey

23

Senoritas/Bass

48

Simple Things/Chris & Mark

24

Out Out/Shane,Guillaume,Niels/Going OutOut/Poulsen

49

You Had Me At Drink/Holley

*

25

Peppermint Twist/Jo & Roy

50

‘Til You Can’t/O’Reilly

*

Subject:  Note from John Dembiec about Class tonight in Sarasota, FL

I will not be at tonight's class due to a severe, continuous cough. Rose and Jai has agreed to teach a couple dances.
Rose is teaching High Horse by Shelli Shellbell Blake & Rob Fowler
Jai is teaching Raised Like That by Darren Bailey
NO ABSOLUTE BEGINNER CLASS AT 6!!!
Normal hours 7-10.
I am getting tested to be on the safe side, though I don't believe this is Covid related. As soon as I know something, I'll let you know as we do have a social this Saturday from 1-5.

Subject: Dancing w/Trev- January!
From: dancingw...@gmail.com

Hey Dance Family!

I hope this email finds you all doing well. Happy New Year to each of you! What a busy year already! Please make sure each of you are taking it upon yourselves to do whatever is necessary to stay healthy. The world around us is changing every day and with all the new cases of covid flaring up again. I can't help but mention how important it is to take the extra step in making sure you're doing your part to stay healthy and safe!

This week is UCWDC Worlds! 30th anniversary! It was so cool the other night to see Lynn Luccisano, she was wearing her "worlds jacket" from 10 years ago when she was there for the 20th anniversary event and competed!
 Competitions being held every single day this week. So many great instructors for multiple styles of dance. If you have any desire to get out and expand your horizons, this week is a prime opportunity! Def check it out. Best of luck to all the competitors that I know!! Jason Turner!- Dawn - Wild Roses! I KNOW I forgot many of you.. I was just naming a couple! Looking forward to cheering you on this week!  For more info, including how to watch the live stream and see the schedules, visit their site here:

The Barn is going to be offering something new this year! The second Friday of each month. So this month, it will be the 14th. The Barn will be hosting Two-step lessons in the karaoke room! I believe it will be the same instructors we've had in the past years, Don and Dre (Andrea) So if you've always wanted the opportunity to learn, or maybe even brush up on your couple's dancing, your opportunity has come! :)

As for my schedule at The Barn, I will not be there this Friday 1/7. (I will be at the Worlds event) So Deana will be filling in for me! Class is from 7-9. She always has great dances to share! Please tell a friend and you guys join her Friday night.
The following week we will now have the two step lessons- 1/14.
Looks like I should be back to teach/dance with you guys on 1/21- and 1/28. Look forward to seeing you!

Trevor Thornton,

USLDCC- Champion
Choreographer/Instructor
#FSdance
 "Dance to Express, Not impress"

Subject: Line Dance Workshop Ft. Myers, FL, Jan 30

Subject: Beginner and Improver Classes at JK Shuffles

JK SHUFFLES
EVERY MONDAY, BOTH LIVE AND ON ZOOM
INSTRUCTOR:  JILL WEISS
Questions:  Ji...@freespindance.com

Beginner/Improver Day at JK Shuffles, both live and on Zoom! Today I taught/reviewed:
MONDAY 1:30-3 PM EST IMPROVER CLASS:
Christmas in the Country by Jill Kaufman Weiss/Heather Detrick (danced to Up by Thomas Rhett)
The Queen by Guillaume Richard et al
Here We Go by Gary O' Reilly/Maggie Gallagher
Slow Down Summer by Jill Kaufman Weiss/Lynne Martino
MONDAY 7-9 PM EST BEGINNER/IMPROVER CLASS:
Happy Does by Hana Ries (danced to Happy Does and Stretchy Pants)
Neon Light by Jill Kaufman Weiss (danced to Fancy Like and Neon Light)
Some Kind of Wonderful by Gary O' Reilly
Havana Cha by Ria Vos
Remember You Young by Jo Thompson Szymanski/Amund Storsveen

Jill D Weiss

JK Shuffles &
Fat City Screen Printing & Embroidery
99 Danbury Road
New Milford, CT  06776

Subject: Video of the Week (Couples)

Happy New Year.  Let's do our best to celebrate with dance each day whether dancing with others, alone in our homes, or watching the amazing talent that exists.  Let's get the party started.  Enjoy this one.

Vivian Young

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov

Subscribe & Unsubscribe

Questions

Email Us at tka...@aol.com!

How to Post in the Newsletter

To post something in the newsletter, send an email to tka...@aol.com using the following format:

SUBJECT: What, When, City, State (or City/Country if outside of the U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

How to Vote in the Weekly Survey

List up to 8 of your favorites with choreographer and level if you know it and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6:30 PM EDT on Sunday. Please add the choreographer and level of the dance if you know it.

Reminder from Carol

Please do not number the votes 1-8, send me extra things, or put the name on one line and the other information on another line, it saves me time because I have to erase all extra things and spacing and formatting before I can sort. Thanks, as always, for your votes. Classes, socials, and events are starting again and we NEED to know what dances most people will know or want to know so your vote is important.

Copyright 2004-2020 - World Line Dance Newsletter - tka...@aol.com

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.