World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 7/19 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Jul 19, 2017, 9:36:32 AM7/19/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

Wednesday 7/19

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

SUBJECT: 2017 Fun In the Sun MAIN Ballroom Playlist!

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, stacy...@gmail.com

Many thanks to Dallas Proveaux, Betsy Courant, Jamie Leick, and Christopher Gonzalez for keeping track of the open dances in the Main Ballroom!!!

Here is the DIRECT link to the 2017 FUN IN THE SUN playlists on PDF:

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/…/2017-fits-playlis…

Dances Played ALL THREE NIGHTS in MAIN Ballroom: Ain’t Misbehavin’, Bang, Boom Pow, Clap Snap, Crash, Handclap, Have Fun Go Mad, Helium, Hideaway Cha, High On Loving You (HOLY), Holdin’ Me Back, How I Want Ya, I Don’t Mind, Italiano, Kissing Strangers, Lay Low, Let It Out, Love Remains, Main Attraction, Make It Shake, More Dessert, Mr Put It Down, New Thang, Off The Chain, Oops Baby, Pieces, Pink Champagne, Power Mix, Run Me Like A River, Shady, Shake That, Shape Of You/The Shape Of You, She Used To Be Mine, Slowly Gently Softly (SGS), Sound Of Silence, Stomp Your Feet, Straight To The Castle, Strip It Down, Sugar Honey I.T., Tick Tick Boom, Whip It, Wild Wild West, Woo Woo.

Dances from Carol’s WLDN April 2 Survey with at least 10 votes or more were played in open:

Blessed/Jackie Miranda/Int: Fri nite

Clap Snap/Rebecca Lee & Philip Sobrielo/Int: all 3 nites

Gypsy Queen/Hazel Pace/Beg: Thurs & Fri

Italiano/Rachael McEnaney-White, Shane McKeever, Niels Poulsen/Int: all 3 nites

Kissing Strangers/Rachael McEnaney-White & Simon Ward/Int: all 3 nites

Lady In Red/Simon Ward/Adv: Thurs & Fri

Let It Out/Rachael McEnaney-White/Int-Adv: all 3 nites

Love Remains/Gary O'Reilly/H Int: all 3 nites

Run Me Like A River/The Kinsers, Guillaume Richard, Roy Verdonk & Jef Camps/L Adv: all 3 nites

Shady/Darren Bailey, Amy Glass, Fred Whitehouse/Int: all 3 nites

Slowly, Gently, Softly (SGS)/Gary O'Reilly/Int: all 3 nites

So Just Dance Dance Dance/Jose Miguel Belloque Vane & Guillaume Richard/Nov: Thurs & Fri

Straight To The Castle/Joey Warren/P Adv: all 3 nites

Taking Care Of You/Ria Vos/Int-Adv: Sat nite

Tango With Me Darling/Rob Fowler & Daniel Whittaker/Int: Thurs & Fri

Thy Will/Joey Warren/Adv: Thurs nite

Tick Tick Boom/Debbie Rushton, Tim Johnson, Jean-Pierre Madge/P H Int: all 3 nites

**NOTE: If you have a playlist from an event please send it to Stacy at stacy...@gmail.com. OR if you would like to volunteer in the event playlist, please contact Stacy at stacy...@gmail.com.

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/stacyj/2017-fits-playlist.pdf

*****************************

SUBJECT:  FUN IN THE SUN

FROM:  JC DANCE PRODUCTIONS, INC.

Jason and I would like to send a HUGE thank you to everyone that attended (or watched on LiveStream) Fun in the Sun last weekend. We are most definitely blessed to have such amazing instructors, DJs, volunteers, and friends that help us to provide one heck of a FUN event.

This was the 4th year for the Kids Classes and every year, there are more kids. We love this because they are the future of dance.  Rachael, Maddison, Trevor, and Jamie, you all did such a fabulous job with their routine!

I’d also like to thank my good friend, Staci Precanico, for her idea for the show and the judge’s script. It was absolutely perfect, humorous and entertaining.

A special shout out to THE Jamie Marshall…. We worked your butt off between Zumba, teaching classes, MCing, organizing the Cornhole Tournament, dinner, show, and so much more. Thank you for being YOU!  We appreciate you more than you know.

USLDCC Competitors – WOW!!!   You all outdid yourself this time and I’m so glad I wasn’t judging.   There were so many new faces to the competition and that makes us happy.

We completely understand that the ballroom temperatures were less than perfect on Thursday and Friday evenings.   Trust me when I say, I was jumping through hoops to remedy the situation and we apologize for that.  It was the result of an HVAC chiller going down.   Luckily, it was fixed for Saturday and Sunday.

To all the attendees…. We know you have many options when it comes to events.  Thank you for choosing to spend your weekend with us!   If you have comments or suggestions, we would LOVE to hear them.  Please email them to jcdancepr...@gmail.com.

Save the date for next year...   July 12-15, 2018

Jennifer Cameron

JC Dance Productions, Inc.

www.JCDanceProductions.com

Line Dance Showdown (4/5 - 4/8/18)

Fun in the Sun (7/12 - 7/15/18)

Hotlanta Line Dance Jam (8/24 - 8/27/17)

Florida Line Dance Classic (11/30 - 12/3/17)

************************************

SUBJECT:  Chicago Windy City Event

FROM:        Becky Kelly, Tucson, Az

                    bobnb...@gmail.com

I registered for the Windy City Line Dance Event and due to unfortunate circumstances, will not be able to attend.  Mark Cosenza has so graciously told me that he would accept a transfer on my registration, as there are no refunds.  Anyone interested?  Please email me. I would rather have someone enjoy it and use it than have it go to waste.

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas
Park LAST NIGHT

We  had a fun class last night.  Diane wasn't there while she recovers from her cataract surgery but will be back next week.  We danced A LOT and Liz did a super duper job of teaching TAKING CARE OF YOU.   We did it early before people were tired and everyone learned it.  We will be reviewing it again in the next weeks.  Love this dance.  Joan did a review/teach of the cute tango dance, THE GHOST OF YOU, and Lynda did a quick review of CLAP SNAP.  This was done a lot last weekend at FITS and it's just a fun dance.

WE DANCED:

Somewhere with you

Extreme Love

Oops Baby

Gypsy Queen

Take Me To The River

Blessed

Tango With Me Darling

7:00 Taking Care of You – teach – Liz

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/taking-care-of-you-ID118228.aspx

Taking care of you

Better When I’m Dancing

Ain’t Misbehavin'

8:00 The Ghost of you – teach – Joan

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-ghost-of-you-ID117031.aspx

 Champagne Promises

I got a woman

8:30 Clap Snap – teach – Lynda

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/clap-snap-ID118154.aspx

Bored

Change my ways – 1 wall - Cheryl

Shady

Slowly Gently Softly

Let It Out

Italiano

Shape of you

Straight to the castle

Power Mix

Tic Tic Boom

Throwback Love

Break on Me

Tell Your Heart to Beat Again

Studio Location:
The Bayou Dance Club
6541 102nd Av.
Pinellas Park, Fl
33782
Diane Poole bpo...@tampabay.rr.com 7274398819
Carol Craven tka...@aol.com

************************************

SUBJECT:  VIDEO OF THE WEEK (COUPLES)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe8UaivsoiY

--

Vivian

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov

*******************************

GOT YOUR NUMBER

danci...@gmail.com

Now that Darren has written a dance to this cool track by Serena Ryder, I suspect some of you will be having a look.

When I first heard the song I looked for dances, and found it interesting that there were so many interpretations of the phrasing. I think that Carol Larocque (who is a snowbird and teaches when she's in Florida)​, made an excellent choice by writing a 40 count dance with two easy 4-count tags ("Pulp Fiction eyes,") that fit the music really well.

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/got-your-number-ID113348.aspx

I started teaching Carol's dance in March, and it was very well received by my Friday mixed class. She labeled it intermediate but I think it's on the easier side of that level, although there are some tricky bits that hold the interest of more experienced dancers. I hope you'll check hers out before deciding--I'm just sayin'.

Happy dancing,

Lisa

PS--some of us changed the NC basics to scissors for 1&2, 3&4 in the first and second sets.

************************************

Subject: Choreographers Unplugged Workshop & Social 9/23/17 in Orlando

From: Wendie Smith wen...@wildrosesdanceteam.com

Wild Roses and Patrick Fleming present Choreographers Unplugged Saturday, September 23, 2017, with Dustin Betts & Candee Seger, a fundraiser benefiting Central Florida's Youth Ballroom Program, Giving Dance to help with their journey to World's 2018.

This workshop is opened to all levels of dancers (mostly concentrated on Beginner - Intermediate), only 75 spaces are available so get yours today.

We will have a 30 minute lunch break but to keep this cost low, we are not providing a lunch, please bring your own lunch/drinks to the workshop.

After the workshop we will break for dinner and then join back together at the studio for an all request EVENING DANCE PARTY!!!! 6pm-10ish...

All requests!

Come join us to finalize the day with a dance party!

Location: 945 N Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL 32807-3528

Time: 10:00-4:00

Tickets available at: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart?flowlogging_id=7965f91da976&mfid=1500397662560_7965f91da976#/checkout/openButton

**************************************

SUBJECT:  ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

18 July 2017 Edition

www.atlantadanceweekly.com

PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven