World Line Dance Newsletter Tuesday & Wednesday 12/21-22 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE IN THE LAST VOTE OF THE YEAR!

Carol Craven

Dec 22, 2021, 10:28:50 AM12/22/21
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

+

Tuesday & Wednesday 12/21 and 12/22

Remember to vote this week IT'S THE LAST VOTE OF THE YEAR!  Make it a good one, please.

Maybe we can have a really good vote this week!  Now that events and workshops and socials are starting back up in full force, it is important so we ALL be able to dance together and the surveys really do help to at least give you a clue about what to review or learn so you can dance all day and night long!  Just list up to 8 of your favorite dances (they can be old or new dances) and email them to me at tka...@aol.com by Sunday evenings each week.  Please use this format:  Dance/Choreographer/Level (if you know the level)
THANKS, AS ALWAYS, FOR TAKING A MOMENT TO VOTE.  Save your votes each week and you can add/change/delete as your favorites change.  Even easier!

Subject: Are you registered for the Florida Dance Masters?

From: Rachael McEnaney-White

Click here for all the information for this first-ever World Dance Masters Event in the U.S.

https://floridadancemasters.com/

Subject: Lai Dance Christmas Workshop and Dance Report
From: rhoda...@yahoo.ca

LaiDance Christmas Workshop and Dance Event Report
With the support of my team of instructors Carolyn Beer, Rhoda Lam and Deborah OHara and my superman DJ Eddie Chu, we made it work smoothly on schedule to offer 7 new teaches and 105 open dances for dancers to enjoy within 11 hours. The weather was perfect for the last two weeks except the event day! Thanks to those who braved the snowy weather and came in person to support our event. I was worried that I would be dancing alone.
This was our second hybrid workshop where we offered everything on zoom live stream as well as workshop recording. What would you do when the floor manager told you that WIFI was not working 20 mins before the event started?! Thankfully DJ Ed dealt with it calmly, and we managed to start with just a 5 mins delay.
I taught a new Improver Samba dance choreographed with Jean-Pierre Madge, “Dynamite, Oh!”. He can effortlessly made everyone smiling and laughing making our teach a super fun one.
The highlight of the event to me would be having the singer, Antoinette Hommerson on Zoom watching me teaching our latest F4bulous Four waltz “Rather Be Lonesome”. F4bulous Jo Kinser and F4bulous Ivonne Verhagen were there as well watching and dancing with me during the teach. Love the support!!!
Another special highlight was having Steve Cavanaugh and Laurie Cavanaugh in my workshop. They drove over 10 hours to come and dance with us! How sweet and special to be able to see each other in person after such a long wait. Steve was so nice to help me lead many dances on stage, so that the Zoom participants would have a leader to follow at all time.
Thanks to Roberta Ng for helping us with the backdrop and helping me on stage leading dances as well. Dancing 112 dances plus at least 5 more split floor dances was really a lot to remember but we did it with team spirit!
Thanks Susanna and Cam for helping as our volunteers! Teamwork is the best!
Thanks again to my star team of instructors for many great and entertaining teaches. I know that I can count on you! Thanks to all my in-person and Zoom participants for your continual support. It was a tricky event to run in lite of all these unforeseen circumstances, but we made it work! Blessed!
Here are some pictures to share. More to come!

Rhoda Lai (647)295-3833

Subject:  Tuesday Night Line Dancing at JK Shuffles

JK SHUFFLES
EVERY TUESDAY NIGHT, BOTH LIVE AND ON ZOOM
ALL LEVELS, ALL GENRES, ALL WITH QUICK WALK-THRU'S
INSTRUCTOR:  JILL WEISS

Tuesday nights at JK Shuffles - always a fun time! Both live and on Zoom! Tonight we danced (with quick reviews):
Beautiful Goodbye by Michael Barr
Here We Go by Gary O' Reilly/Maggie Gallagher
Neon Light by Jill Kaufman Weiss (danced to Fancy Like)
Happy Does by Hana Ries (danced to Stretchy Pants)
A Little Humble by Vicki Morris (danced to Happy Xmas)
Dance in Heaven by Lee Hamilton
And I Say by Gary O' Reilly
Out Out by Niels Poulsen/Guillaume Richard/Shane McKeever
Slow Down Summer by Jill Kaufman Weiss/Lynne Martino
Cold Heart by Maddison Glover
Christmas in the Country by Jill Kaufman Weiss/Heather Detrick
Let Me Sleep by Lorna Mursell
Train Wreck by Niels Poulsen
Gives Me Shivers by Brandon Zahorsky
It Ain't My Fault by Brandon Zahorsky
Cyberdrop by Fred Whitehouse/Shane McKeever
Intrigue by Rob Fowler
Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
MMMBop by Kelly Kaylin
Sweet Caroline by Darren Bailey
Good Time Jackson by Dan Albro
Shooters (P)
Raised Like That by Darren Bailey
Bring Down the House by Stéphane Cormier et al
Hairspray by Rachael McEnaney-White/Simon Ward
Same Boat by Rachael McEnaney-White
Jill D Weiss
JK Shuffles &
Fat City Screen Printing & Embroidery
99 Danbury Road
New Milford, CT  06776

Subject: ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

Christmas Week Edition

www.atlantadanceweekly.com

PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS

Subscribe & Unsubscribe

Questions

Email Us at tka...@aol.com!

How to Post in the Newsletter

To post something in the newsletter, send an email to tka...@aol.com using the following format:

SUBJECT: What, When, City, State (or City/Country if outside of the U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

How to Vote in the Weekly Survey

List up to 8 of your favorites with choreographer and level if you know it and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6:30 PM EDT on Sunday. Please add the choreographer and level of the dance if you know it.

Reminder from Carol

Please do not number the votes 1-8, send me extra things, or put the name on one line and the other information on another line, it saves me time because I have to erase all extra things and spacing and formatting before I can sort. Thanks, as always, for your votes. Classes, socials, and events are starting again and we NEED to know what dances most people will know or want to know so your vote is important.

Copyright 2004-2020 - World Line Dance Newsletter - tka...@aol.com

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.