World Line Dance Newsletter Friday October 8 PLEASE VOTE THIS WEEK -- EARLY IS GOOD!

Carol Craven

Oct 8, 2021, 10:29:37 AM10/8/21
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Friday, 10/8

Please remember to vote this week -- early is better for me.  Just list up to 8 of your favorites and email to tka...@aol.com.  Please use this format:
Dance/Choreographer/Level (if you know the level).  Thanks for taking the time to vote!  Carol

Subject: Halloween Dances (and lots of other occasions)

From: Me

I have had quite a few people asking about Halloween Dances. If you go to this link on the web site, there are dances for ALL occasions (see list below) that Stacy posts on the site. See the list below for all the categories:

http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/library-list.html

DANCE LIBRARY

HOLIDAY DANCES AND MORE

Table of Content

  1. Advanced Dances to Country Music
  2. Alternative Music for Dances
  3. Absolute & Ultra Beginner Dances - more coming soon
  4. Beginner Dances - More Coming soon
  5. Christian Music for Dances
  6. Contra Dances
  7. Dances for Young People
  8. Dances Seniors Like
  9. Easy Party Dances
  10. Exhibition Dances
  11. Fifties & Sixties Theme Dances
  12. Floor Splits
  13. Happy Dances
  14. Holiday Dances/Music
  15. Kids-Teens Dances
  16. Late Night Club Dances - under construction
  17. Night Club Two Steps (Just a review of several nc2step dances)
  18. Older Dances People Want To Do Again
  19. Two Step Music Line Dances - under construction
  20. Waltz Music - under construction
  21. Websites/Links with Specific Lists- under construction
    • Armchair Line Dancing
    • Beginner Dances
    • Wheelchair Dancing
    • Children's Songs for Teaching/Dancing
    • Old Dances (i.e., the Stroll, Jerk, Twist, etc.)
    • Wedding Dances
    • Games and Activities for Dances
    • Patterned Partner
    • Song Lists with BPM Information
  22. Tips for Beginners
  23. Tips for Choreographers
  24. Teachers
  25. Teacher's Meeting
  26. Unblock Mail
  27. Load Youtube Videos

All Content

Subject: Dallas Bull, Thursday, 10/7/21
FROM: Dori McCormack PLEASE NOTE: I am not the instructor.

Lots of people waiting for the doors to open when I arrived at the Dallas Bull tonight. The floor was crowded for all of the teaches that Melanie Cheever did. We had a lot of open dancing too, in between the teaches. Here is the playlist: OPEN Groovy Love by Fred Whitehouse, Daniel Trepat & Jonas Dahlgren Keep It Simple by Maggie Gallagher Get It Right by Maddison Glover WALK-THROUGH Blood On A Rose by Simon Ward & Niels Poulsen OPEN Sunshine 365 by Trevor Thornton & Kelly Cavallaro Lay Low by Darren Bailey Good To Go by Scott Blevins TEACH Raised Like That by Darren Bailey OPEN Nothing But You by Josee Martel Graffiti by Karl-Harry Winson The Wolf by Jonno Liberman TEACH Where They At? by Trevor Thornton & Lynn Luccisano OPEN I Was On A Boat by Trevor Thornton No Expectations by Jason Takahashi Stomp Down by Jose MB Vane & Sebastiaan Holtland TEACH Wild by Mimmi Danielsson OPEN Gun Control by Laurie Schlekeway-Burkhardt I Just Died In Your Arms by Raymond Sarlemijn TEACH Just A Lil Bit by Step5678 OPEN Somewhere With You by Junior Willis & Scott Shrank REVIEW Raised Like That OPEN Like We Were by Alison Biggs & Peter Metelnick
This is where the floor turned over to DJ Tommy and here is some of his playlist (although I didn't stay very long): OPEN My Friend Named Jack by Pam Wingo Cruisin' by Neil Hale to My Maria Gun Control by Laurie Schlekeway-Burkhardt This is where I packed up my stuff, said my goodbyes, and dragged my tired, sore feet out to my car for the short trip home.
HUGE thanks to Melanie Cheever for some great teaches, and open dances too. You did a really good job tonight, Melanie!
Thanks also going out to Margaret Howard for helping out in the DJ booth during the lessons.
Of course, I need to thank our cutie pie bartender, Nick Webb for keeping the drinks coming for us during all this dancing!
Thanks to DJ Tommy for playing some of the songs that we love to dance to.
MANY THANKS to everyone who came out and danced with us tonight!
I hope you'll all come back next week, when Melanie will do it all again for us. Doors open at 7 PM and lessons begin around 7:30 PM. Thursday is Ladies Night at the Dallas Bull, and ladies receive free drink tickets with their paid admission. I hope you'll join us, if you're out and about!

P.S.: Our regular instructor, Bill McGee still needs your positive thoughts and prayers. Thanks!

Subject: Line Dance Workshop In Sarasota
From: John Dembiec

LINE DANCE WORKSHOP COMING TO SARASOTA!!
I'm happy to announce that on Saturday March 12th 2022, I'll be holding (what I hope to be many) line dance workshop in Sarasota.
It's simply called Suncoast Line Dance Workshop. We'll be featuring two rooms. Our main room and one specifically for beginners.
Invited instructors are Jamie Marshall, Rhoda Lai, and Trevor Thornton.
More details to come, but make sure you mark your calendar as space is limited. Watch for the flyer in the coming days.

Subject: Intermediate/Advanced classes at JK Shuffles

JK SHUFFLES
INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED CLASSES AT JK SHUFFLES, BOTH LIVE AND ON ZOOM
INSTRUCTOR:  JILL WEISS

Wow intense Intermediate/Advanced classes today at JK Shuffles, both live and on Zoom! I taught/reviewed:
THURSDAY 7-10 PM EST INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED CLASS:
Train Wreck by Niels Poulsen
Kind to Me by Gary O' Reilly
Mirrors by Amy Glass/Will Craig
Good To Go by Scott Blevins
Madelyn by Darren Bailey
**************************************
THURSDAY 10-11:30 AM EST "EASIER" INTERMEDIATE CLASS:
I Need You You You by Jill Kaufman Weiss
Shot of Tequila by Fred Whitehouse
Beautiful Wonderful by Debbie Rushton/Jannie Tofte Andersen

Jill D Weiss

JK Shuffles &
Fat City Screen Printing & Embroidery
99 Danbury Road
New Milford, CT  06776

Subscribe & Unsubscribe

Questions

Email Us at tka...@aol.com!

How to Post in the Newsletter

To post something in the newsletter, send an email to tka...@aol.com using the following format:

SUBJECT: What, When, City, State (or City/Country if outside of the U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

How to Vote in the Weekly Survey

List up to 8 of your favorites with choreographer and level if you know it and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6:30 PM EDT on Sunday. Please add the choreographer and level of the dance if you know it.

Reminder from Carol

Please do not number the votes 1-8, send me extra things, or put the name on one line and the other information on another line, it saves me time because I have to erase all extra things and spacing and formatting before I can sort. Thanks, as always, for your votes. Classes, socials, and events are starting again and we NEED to know what dances most people will know or want to know so your vote is important.

Copyright 2004-2020 - World Line Dance Newsletter - tka...@aol.com

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.