World Line Dance Newsletter Friday HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE! First vote of the new year SUNDAY!

Carol Craven

Dec 31, 2021, 11:26:51 AM12/31/21
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

+

Friday, New Year's Eve 12/31/2021

It feels funny knowing I'm writing 2021 for the last time as I start the newsletter each day.  What a last couple of years we have had.  So many ups and down with this elusive virus.  We have lost so many family and friends to this beast and we still don't have any definitive answers about the way it started and where it is going to end.  I just hope that you all will be here at the end of 2022 so I can wish you a Happy New Year once again.  I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year's Eve celebration and I hope your pets don't go crazy like mine do when the fireworks start.  There are so many things planned for dancing in this coming year and I know we are all praying that everyone will be able to travel to events and that the instructors will be able to travel to teach and dance with us.  Thank you to all the people who hosted virtual classes and got people together outside to dance together so we could at least keep dancing.  In the process, we learned how to use Zoom and find all those keys on the computer that would connect us in one way or another.  Thank you to Rachael McEnaney-White and Streamline and so many others who actually gave us the opportunity to attend events online.  Many of us had to learn to be teachers to our children and help them learn where to find those same keys or they taught you how to do things you never thought you would need to do.  Over the last couple of years, we have changed as a society in so many ways and people have reassessed where they were, are, and want to be and I don't think things are ever going to be back "the way they were."

Well, I didn't mean to get philosophical and quite so wordy so I will stop and just wish you all well in the new year.  I can't wait to see many of you in person really soon on a dance floor somewhere and I hope you will encourage your friends who have not danced during this time to come back again and bring some new friends with them.  Thank you all for being a part of my life.

I was on Facebook this morning and this was the first video I saw.  How could you not love line dancing when you see this beautiful demo of Hallelujah by Raymond Sarlemijn?  Even though we may not look like this doing it, we can certainly appreciate watching it and pretending.

Subject: Time to Register for the Ft. Wayne Dance For ALL

Happy New Year!!! In other words, it's time to register for the 2022 Ft. Wayne Dance for All!!! Early registration ends 12/31/21!
Don't delay, register today! Call/text your friends and LET'S GO!!!
Ft. Wayne Dance For All – Official Event Home

Ft. Wayne Dance For All – Official Event Home
Mark your calendars for March 3rd – March 6th for the 2022 FT. WAYNE

Subject: Social January 8th with Playlist in Sarasota, Fl

From: John Dembiec

Here is the list for the January 8th social. Double check if I duplicated any dances. I have 3 extra dances not listed. Great job on the submissions. Remember, 3 or less people dancing a dance, I play through the 1st chorus and then fade to play the next. So PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!! Click on list to see whole list.
At Sara Dance Center, 2821 Cattlemen Rd. Sarasota, FL $12 per person
PS - I will be taking the March 12th Workshop registrations that day also. Deadline for early bird pricing is Jan.15th. Featuring Jamie Marshall, Rhoda Lai, and Trevor Thornton
May be an image of text

Subject: Dancing at the Stockyard in Holiday, FL last night

From: Neil Splain

(12/30) After a slow start to the evening at The Stockyard, MauriMaurice Rowegized everyone as he taught Corn by Rob Fowler, Steal My Love by Maurice Rowe, and Wild Cards by Kirsty Harpham Fox and Rob Fowler. These were all review teaches that we asked to be reviewed.
There were 80+ on the dance floor for lessons.
The d.j. Provided some excellent dance music including Heart On Fire, Swing Time Boogie, Country Girl, Broke, Amos Moses, and Salt, Lime, and Tequila.

NOTE FROM ME:  I stole this from Elvin Pooniah on Facebook but it made me laugh:

Subscribe & Unsubscribe

Questions

Email Us at tka...@aol.com!

How to Post in the Newsletter

To post something in the newsletter, send an email to tka...@aol.com using the following format:

SUBJECT: What, When, City, State (or City/Country if outside of the U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

How to Vote in the Weekly Survey

List up to 8 of your favorites with choreographer and level if you know it and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6:30 PM EDT on Sunday. Please add the choreographer and level of the dance if you know it.

Reminder from Carol

Please do not number the votes 1-8, send me extra things, or put the name on one line and the other information on another line, it saves me time because I have to erase all extra things and spacing and formatting before I can sort. Thanks, as always, for your votes. Classes, socials, and events are starting again and we NEED to know what dances most people will know or want to know so your vote is important.

Copyright 2004-2020 - World Line Dance Newsletter - tka...@aol.com

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.