World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 1/14 PLEASE VOTE THIS WEEK BY SUNDAY EVENING

Carol Craven

Jan 14, 2022, 11:21:39 AM1/14/22
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

+

Friday, 1/14

PLEASE remember to vote by SUNDAY, 6:30 PM (SAME TIME AS NY).  Maybe we can have a really good vote this week!  Now that events and workshops and socials are starting back up in full force, it is important so we ALL be able to dance together and the surveys really do help to at least give you a clue about what to review or learn so you can dance all day and night long!  Just list up to 8 of your favorite dances (they can be old or new dances) and email them to me at tka...@aol.com by Sunday evenings each week.  Please use this format:  Dance/Choreographer/Level (if you know the level)
THANKS, AS ALWAYS, FOR TAKING A MOMENT TO VOTE.  Save your votes each week and you can add/change/delete as your favorites change.  Even easier!

SUBJECT:  Our World Event Calendar 2022 has been updated
FROM: Stacy J GarciaStacy...@gmail.com

If you would like your event to be deleted/canceled, changed, or added to our website, please fill out the form below.

SUBJECT:  NOTE FROM LYNDA LICHT ABOUT VIRTUAL CLASS TONIGHT:
Hey dancers. I'm sorry to do this, but I need to cancel class tonight. I've developed a painful ear infection and as of right now I don't think I'm up to dancing for 2 hours tonight. We will use the same playlist for next Friday.
I think this is the first time in 20 months that I've had to cancel suddenly for illness, so that's pretty darn good. Sorry for any inconvenience. Go out (if you dare) and do something else fun - or just stay home and rest. We probably all need that

SUBJECT:  SUNSHINE IN LINE -- FIRST WORLD DANCE MASTER'S EVENT IN THE U.S. IN FEB 2022

Here is the link for information and how to register:

SUBJECT:      Dallas Bull, Tampa, FL, Thursday 1/13/22

FROM:           Dori McCormack - please note: I am not the instructor
                       (Dor...@aol.com)

It's a great night for dancing! The temperatures are a little cooler tonight in Tampa, FL ranging in the mid to upper 50s and expecting to go even lower over night. There were several cars in the parking lot waiting when I arrived. We're all anxious to get on the dance floor.  Here's the playlist for Thursday night at the Dallas Bull:
OPEN
Ain't Misbehavin by Guyton Mundy,  Jo Thompson Szymanski, & Amy Glass
Simply The Best by Maddison Glover & Rachael McEnaney White
She's Mine by Rose Prim
Blood On A Rose by Simon Ward & Niels Poulsen
QUICK TEACH
Boom Boom Clap by Roy Verdonk,  Sebastiaan Holtland, & Annette Rosendahl Dam
OPEN
The Vibe by Tim Johnson
TEACH
You Drive Me Out by Suhada Husen, Luci Chryz,  & Julita Chia
OPEN
Cold Heart by Maddison Glover
Muddy Water Healing by Maddison Glover & Adrian Lefebour
Stomp Down by Jose Miguel Belloque Vane & Sebastiaan Holtland
Good To Go by Scott Blevins
Moses Roses Toeses by Amy Glass
Tonight We're Dancing by Maddison Glover
Stomping Country by Roy Verdonk,  Giuseppe Scaccianoce,  JP Barrois, Betty Villard, & Ivonne Verhagen
My Friend Named Jack by Pam Wingo
TEACH
Guys Like Me by Jeff French
OPEN
Raised Like That by Darren Bailey
High Horse by Shelli Blake,  Rob Fowler,  & I.C.E.l⁰v
The Wolf by Jonno Liberman
TEACH
From The Deep South by Kate Kardiff
QUICK TEACH
Gives Me Shivers by Brandon Zahorsky
REVIEWS
Boom Boom Clap,  You Drive Me Out
OPEN
45 Degrees by Ria Vos
The Vibe by Tim Johnson
DJ Tommy  came in here, played some of our requests for awhile and here is what he played until I left for home.
OPEN
I Was On A Boat by Trevor Thorton
Dancing With A Stranger by Helena Jeppsson
Your Loving Arms by Vikki Morris
I Just Died In Your Arms by Raymond Sarlemijn
Heartache On The Dance Floor by Stephen Pistoia
Let It Ride by Kathy Brown
Just A Lil Bit by Step5678
Somewhere With You by Junior Willis & Scott Schrank
Sugar Honey I T by Johanna Barnes

I decided it was time to leave at about 9:50 PM but it was close to 10:30 before I finally made it to my car! I said lots of goodbyes before I could get there though.

HUGE thanks to our instructor, Melanie Cheever for all the work she did tonight, teaching, dancing and trying to keep everyone happy. You did really well, Melanie! Thanks for a fun night.
I'd also like to thank Cheryl Hurlburt who helped Melanie in the DJ booth during lessons. Your help is greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks to our cutiepie bartender,  Webb for keeping the drinks flowing while we're dancing so hard!
Thanks to DJ Tommy for playing so many of our requests for us. We love to be able to keep dancing after the lessons are over.
Last, but certainly not least, Thanks to everyone who came out and joined us for line dancing tonight. We had quite a crowd on the floor. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves!

Subject: INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED CLASSES AT JK SHUFFLES

FROM:  JILL WEISS   JI...@FREESPINDANCE.COM

JK SHUFFLES
EVERY THURSDAY, BOTH LIVE AND ON ZOOM
INSTRUCTOR:  JILL WEISS

Intermediate and advanced classes every Thursday at JK Shuffles, both live and on Zoom....today I taught/reviewed:
THURSDAY 10-11:30 AM EST Easier Intermediate class:
Me Gusta I Love It by Jill Kaufman Weiss
Just a Phase by Maddison Glover/Fred Whitehouse
You Had Me at Drink by Rob Holley
And I Say by Gary O' Reilly
********************************
THURSDAY 7-10 PM EST Intermediate/Advanced Class:
You Had Me at Drink by Rob Holley
Cold Sets In by Guillaume Richard/Jannie Tofte Andersen
Far Ahead by Jean-Pierre Madge
Wintergreen by Maggie Gallagher
Moves by Simon Ward/Shane McKeever
Secrets We Keep by Guillaume Richard/Niels Poulsen/Shane McKeever
Jill D Weiss
JK Shuffles &
Fat City Screen Printing & Embroidery
99 Danbury Road
New Milford, CT  06776

Subscribe & Unsubscribe

Questions

Email Us at tka...@aol.com!

How to Post in the Newsletter

To post something in the newsletter, send an email to tka...@aol.com using the following format:

SUBJECT: What, When, City, State (or City/Country if outside of the U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

How to Vote in the Weekly Survey

List up to 8 of your favorites with choreographer and level if you know it and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6:30 PM EDT on Sunday. Please add the choreographer and level of the dance if you know it.

Reminder from Carol

Please do not number the votes 1-8, send me extra things, or put the name on one line and the other information on another line, it saves me time because I have to erase all extra things and spacing and formatting before I can sort. Thanks, as always, for your votes. Classes, socials, and events are starting again and we NEED to know what dances most people will know or want to know so your vote is important.

Copyright 2004-2020 - World Line Dance Newsletter - tka...@aol.com

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.