Important update: v1.0 endpoints are being discontinued

Tim Herzog

Aug 21, 2018, 3:10:11 PM8/21/18
to World Bank API
The World Bank Data Group has announced that the 1.0 version of the World Bank Data API will be discontinued on October 31st. This means that beginning November 1st all API requests must begin with the prefix "/v2"; for example, https://api.worldbank.org/v2/countries. Other than that, existing endpoints should be backward compatible. More details are available in the documentation.

The 2.0 version of the API has been available and documented for several months. You don’t need to change your code at all if you’ve already been using it. Several new features will be documented later this fall in the online documentation and a forthcoming blog post, which I will cross-post here as well.

Regards,
Tim Herzog
Senior Data Scientist
World Bank Group

Tim Herzog

Nov 6, 2018, 2:17:09 PM11/6/18
to World Bank API
Circulating this again as a reminder. The timeline has been delayed by a couple of weeks, but we anticipate that the 1.0 API will be discontinued no later than Friday November 16th and quite likely earlier that week. Please update your code as soon as possible. Details below.

Regards,
Tim Herzog
Senior Data Scientist
World Bank Group