Questions about developing an R Package for the World Bank API

Jesse Piburn

Mar 2, 2016, 9:51:48 AM3/2/16
to World Bank API
Hello my name is Jesse Piburn and I am a research scientist at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.

I have recently written an R package that provides structured access to the World Bank API and Data Catalog API. The goal of the package is to allow easier access and broader dissemination of the World Bank data so researchers can focus on productively using the data rather than trying to access it. It is more robust than existing R implementations as it supports all of the API features including multiple languages, most recent values, monthly and quarterly data, etc. and follows best practices such as caching and properly handling pagination. The plan of course is to make it open source, however before I release it, I wanted to reach out and speak with someone directly associated with the World Bank just to ask a few quick questions.

This group seems like a great place to start. Is there anyone in particular that I should get in touch with that handles these sorts of inquires?

Thank you for your help!
Jesse