Line in .epf file too long for ClearCase

Marak Herold

Jan 4, 2016, 7:10:19 AM1/4/16
to Workspace Mechanic for Eclipse
Hello everybody,
I have recorded a task for importing the code style profile into Eclipse.
The problem is that I can not add the .epf file under source control in ClearCase because the /instance/org.eclipse.cdt.ui/org.eclipse.cdt.ui.formatterprofiles line in .epf exceeds 8000 signs. When I am trying to divide this long line to more shorter lines the code style import does not work.
Do you have any idea how to divide any long line in .epf file into many shorter lines? Or any other idea how to solve my problem?

Thank you!
Marek

Vincent Latombe

Jan 4, 2016, 7:29:00 AM1/4/16
to Workspace Mechanic for Eclipse
Hi Marak,

this is typically a Clearcase problem but you could follow the following link to fix it : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21146197

Marak Herold

Jan 4, 2016, 7:47:59 AM1/4/16
to Workspace Mechanic for Eclipse
Hello Vincent,
thank you for your answer. The problem is that I don't have admin rights to change the element type manager.
So I was trying to do the first workaround in the troubleshooting - insert line breaks. Unfortunately also with no success.

BR
Marak

Alex Blewitt

Jan 4, 2016, 9:08:21 AM1/4/16
to workspac...@googlegroups.com
If you end a line with \ and then start the next line with white space then the line is effectively combined when reading into a Java properties file. I believe that the EPFs are loaded with Properties.load() so you could try that.

Alex

Sent from my iPhat 6

Marak Herold

Jan 4, 2016, 9:31:02 AM1/4/16
to Workspace Mechanic for Eclipse
AlBlue it really works!
Thank you guys for quick and helpful answers!

BR
Marak