Configuring eclipse by replacing or installing files

marku...@googlemail.com

May 22, 2014, 6:23:04 PM5/22/14
to workspac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

I took a look at workspace mechanic and installed it to get a short overview.
So as I see from first view workspace mechanics supports to find changes in workspace configurations as well as
reconfigure configurations in propertyfiles.
I think that's a very important point because most settings are stored in propertyfiles.

Have you already implemented or do you plan a feature to replace or install complete files?
E.g. the .checkstyle file is an xml file. If I want to reconfigure check style - is there a way to do
with workspace mechanic?

Cheers
Markus

Robert Konigsberg

May 22, 2014, 7:39:15 PM5/22/14
to workspacemechanic
Markus, this is certainly possible, but it's not built by default. You
would need to write a plug-in that connects to the workspace mechanic.
> --

Robert Konigsberg

marku...@googlemail.com

May 23, 2014, 4:26:40 PM5/23/14