Should preference recorder record /bundle_defaults?

Alex

Jul 8, 2011, 6:55:09 PM7/8/11
to Workspace Mechanic for Eclipse
I've changed default JRE to a new version and recorded this action
through preference recorder.

The resulting file contains a lot of entries that start with /
bundle_defaults and /default.

Reading this:
http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/core/runtime/preferences/BundleDefaultsScope.html

It says that "Bundle default preferences are not persisted to disk."

Similar is said for DefaultScope.

So, my question, should recorder omit '/bundle_defaults' and '/
defaults' entries?

BTW, thank you very much for publishing this product to public
domain. It definitely fills the void.

Installation details:

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Indigo Release
Build id: 20110615-0604

Workspace Mechanic 0.0.9 com.google.eclipse.mechanic.feature.group
Google, Inc.

Robert Konigsberg

Jul 8, 2011, 7:53:10 PM7/8/11
to workspac...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

Can you try something for me?

1 Start with a fresh configuration and workspace.
2 Export all preferences via File > Export
3. Make some of these modifications.
4. Export all preferences again to a different file.
5. Compare the two preference files (or, email to me, privately, the
two files, if you don't mind me having them.)

--
Robert Konigsberg
konig...@gmail.com

Keksist Kuchen

Jun 30, 2014, 1:24:43 PM6/30/14
to workspac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for Workspace Mechanic!

I didn't do your procedure, but I just recorded in Eclipse 4.4 and /default/ and /bundle_defaults/ are not settings I changed, so they shouldn't be recorded.

Best regards

Keksist Kuchen

Jun 30, 2014, 1:35:45 PM6/30/14
to workspac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for Workspace Mechanic!

I didn't do your procedure, but I just recorded in Eclipse 4.4 and /default/ and /bundle_defaults/ are not settings I changed, so they shouldn't be recorded, right?

Best regards