How do you report an obvious cheat?

2 views
Skip to first unread message

Bill

unread,
Jul 31, 2011, 4:26:06 PM7/31/11
to WordWise
Can we report players who are obviously cheating for removal? Also,
please give us a way to mark players as either favorites or as blocked
so we never have to randomly play someone again who we feel is
cheating.

phillip britton

unread,
Jul 31, 2011, 4:28:46 PM7/31/11
to word...@googlegroups.com

HOW CAN YOU CHEAT IN THIS GAME? I HAVE FOUND THAT IT IS A WORD OR NOT.

Andrew Valentine

unread,
Jul 31, 2011, 9:02:48 PM7/31/11
to word...@googlegroups.com

How can you identify a player whom is cheating?

phillip britton

unread,
Jul 31, 2011, 9:04:30 PM7/31/11
to word...@googlegroups.com

HOW DO YOU CHEAT IN THIS GAME?

Derelict

unread,
Aug 1, 2011, 2:32:16 AM8/1/11
to WordWise
Not that easy. This game let's you use lots of "words" that aren't
actually words. I think, though, that by cheating they are referring
to people that use one of the many cheat apps that will find all of
the possible words based upon your available letters.

On Jul 31, 2:28 pm, phillip britton <flippe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HOW CAN YOU CHEAT IN THIS GAME? I HAVE FOUND THAT IT IS A WORD OR NOT.
>

Bill

unread,
Aug 1, 2011, 9:52:21 AM8/1/11
to WordWise
There are cheat programs that allow you to plug in your letters and it
returns all possible combinations and best places to play them - so
when someone constantly plays words that are not common usage, it's
pretty obvious.

Andrew Valentine

unread,
Aug 3, 2011, 12:45:43 AM8/3/11
to word...@googlegroups.com

But aren't there people whom have large vcabularies?  And who study dictionary. For sports?

On Aug 1, 2011 3:52 AM, "Bill" <wfr...@gmail.com> wrote:

There are cheat programs that allow you to plug in your letters and it
returns all possible combinations and best places to play them - so
when someone constantly plays words that are not common usage, it's
pretty obvious.

On Aug 1, 1:32 am, Derelict <drkjh...@gmail.com> wrote: > Not that easy. This game let's you use l...

Bill

unread,
Aug 6, 2011, 5:04:03 PM8/6/11
to WordWise
Yes, there are, which is why there should be a rating system to let
"normal" people know that before accepting a game with them. Let
those people play each other!


On Aug 2, 11:45 pm, Andrew Valentine <revhand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But aren't there people whom have large vcabularies?  And who study
> dictionary. For sports?
>

Andrew Valentine

unread,
Aug 7, 2011, 1:04:34 AM8/7/11
to word...@googlegroups.com

Good point. A rating level is reasonable.  Beginner,  average,  advanced??

On Aug 6, 2011 11:04 AM, "Bill" <wfr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, there are, which is why there should be a rating system to let
"normal" people know that before accepting a game with them.  Let
those people play each other!

On Aug 2, 11:45 pm, Andrew Valentine <revhand...@gmail.com> wrote: > But aren't there people whom ...

> On Aug 1, 2011 3:52 AM, "Bill" <wfri...@gmail.com> wrote: > > There are cheat programs that allow ...

Bill

unread,
Aug 8, 2011, 6:54:01 AM8/8/11
to WordWise
In addition to a rating, I'd like to be able to see the last few games
a user played before I accept a game with them - that will allow you
to see if they play appropriately.



On Aug 7, 12:04 am, Andrew Valentine <revhand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good point. A rating level is reasonable.  Beginner,  average,  advanced??
>

phillip britton

unread,
Aug 8, 2011, 9:17:04 AM8/8/11
to word...@googlegroups.com

YOU COULD CALL YOUR LOCAL PD AND GIVE THEM THEIR SCREEN NAME. OR JUST DON'T PLAY THE GAME.

Roadshow

unread,
Aug 10, 2011, 8:28:26 AM8/10/11
to WordWise
How do you define cheating? People who check a word in a dictionary,
those who use an anagram solver but still fit in their word, those who
use a software cheat, use 2-letter words, or those who are just good
at playing the game?

I am in the middle of a game I'm which I have made 2 8-letter words
and one 7-letter word legitimately, sometimes you just have a run of
good luck.

I have only played one game against someone who I knew was cheating,
and that because their play-style radically change after a series of
games between us, I think someone else was playing for them.

If I don't enjoy an opponent I don't play them again.

Andrew Valentine

unread,
Aug 10, 2011, 8:55:56 AM8/10/11
to word...@googlegroups.com

if you are good, you are good. It all depends. On the letters you draw

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages