African Animal Tournament Results

FlyingJoe

Aug 17, 2008, 2:14:22 PM8/17/08
to WordWiggle Fan Club
I'm glad that so many played the African Animal tournament, as I had a
lot of fun trying to fit three animal names into 4 by 4 grids and was
hoping people would try them. It looked hard for you to find them but
I couldn't really tell as I knew what was in them.

Scoring: I counted everyone's answers, and struggled with what to do
when someone only did 'Gator' instead of Alligator, or just 'Chimp' or
just 'Rhino' or just 'Hippo'. Since most people worked and succeeded
in finding the full words and I went to some effort to get the full
words in there, I've decided that I won't count these shorter versions
except as tie-breakers. As for Lions being inadvertently in two
boards, I've given a point to people if they found either one, but not
more than one point in all even if they used it in both boards.

Results: We certainly have some different leaders with this kind of
competition than with regular scoring.

1. Jarxi 20 African Animals out of 24
2. Plover 19
3. Lucie 18