Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Glynnes

ongelezen,
17 mei 2007, 15:43:3917-05-2007
aan WordWiggle Fan Club
I would love to see a pause or save option in the game as sometimes
while playing I get a phone call. Without the pause I lose points on
that particular game.

I wonder too about a children's version. I know my grandchildren like
to try and play it, but they are slower at finding word, and many of
the words are beyond their level, so they get discouraged with the
score they get.

I really love this game. I found the site about a year or so ago when
searching google for "free boggle game".

Thanks for the hours of fun and brain excerise I get...Glynnes

MKSoft

ongelezen,
24 mei 2007, 15:16:0024-05-2007
aan WordWiggle Fan Club
On May 17, 3:43 pm, Glynnes <Glyn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would love to see a pause or save option in the game as sometimes
> while playing I get a phone call. Without the pause I lose points on
> that particular game.

I know a number of people have asked for this - but it does bring up
an interesting question as to how fair that is. After all, even if I
blank the board during the pause (I would have to) it would not remove
what was in you mind. And that does not include the question of
writing the board down and looking at it during the pause (which would
be cheating).

Even without actively trying to cheat, having seen the board your
brain, in the background, could still be "working on the problem" - I
know that for other things, I many times find the solution while
mowing the lawn or taking a shower or some other non-related activity.

> I wonder too about a children's version. I know my grandchildren like
> to try and play it, but they are slower at finding word, and many of
> the words are beyond their level, so they get discouraged with the
> score they get.

A children's version is not a bad idea. The question is how to do
this. I could define games for children but I can't know if they are
playing or not. As to the difficulty of the words - they can find
whatever words they want. The worst thing I could do (and I did this
back in the 1980's with a home computer version of the game) is to
have a cut down dictionary and end up disqualifying words that were
actually valid.

I really do like the idea of "easier" tournaments where the
tournaments are between children of like ages or people of equal skill
sets. (I know that many of the hard-core players on WordWiggle just
blow me out of the water these days - truly amazing players we have
here)

> I really love this game. I found the site about a year or so ago when
> searching google for "free boggle game".

Hey, at least it showed up as that in Google since I never claim it is
a "free boggle game" - it is very boggle-like (I did not know of
boggle when I first wrote the computer version of WordWiggle back in
the early 80's) I am very glad you enjoy the site. One of these days
I would love to have time to update it a bit. Most of the site was
done as a "fun" project while sitting home with my newly born
daughter.

> Thanks for the hours of fun and brain excerise I get...Glynnes

That is what I love to hear. Mindless fun is fine, but when the brain
gets involved it is just so much better...

Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden
Doorsturen
0 nieuwe berichten