These darn cookies

EricBruin

Jan 8, 2008, 4:00:37 AM1/8/08
to WordWiggle Fan Club
I work on a laptop and when I accidently hit the backspace button,
poof... there goes that round.

Anyone else have that problem and/or a solution? It's so annoying.

Anyone also wish the website would allow you to have your name and
password automatically saved for easier access?

Eric

FlyingJoe

Jan 9, 2008, 11:22:50 AM1/9/08
to WordWiggle Fan Club
I reread this wondering: "What about the darn cookies?" I guess I'm
hung up on the chocolate chip kind instead of the web variety - must
be hungry!

I'm not working from a laptop but my Backspace and my Delete buttons
don't do anything to Wordwiggle games I play. Maybe that depends on
the browser used? Same as for saving the password and name
automatically - most browsers do that for you. I have to say that I
have no idea what my password is for Wordwiggle as I haven't typed it
in several years - always automatically filled in by the browser. I
use Safari and Firefox as my browsers.

What do you use?

MKSoft

Jan 10, 2008, 9:15:42 PM1/10/08
to WordWiggle Fan Club
On Jan 8, 4:00 am, EricBruin <DrBr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I work on a laptop and when I accidently hit the backspace button,
> poof... there goes that round.

The problem you have run into is a web browser feature. The backspace
button on some browser configurations (default feature in IE) is to
bind
it to "back" or "previous page"

In WordWiggle, if you mistype, there is no "erase" but if you hit the
space
bar or some other character that does not fit/match the typed area
will clear
and let you restart. (BTW - that was how I first noticed this
"feature" - I was
demoing WordWiggle for a teacher and it was on Windows/IE and, well
the
natural reaction to a mistype character is to touch backspace and
well, it
went "away"...)

> Anyone else have that problem and/or a solution?  It's so annoying.

I have not found a "standards compliant" way to address this...

> Anyone also wish the website would allow you to have your name and
> password automatically saved for easier access?

The site currently does not set a "persistent" cookie. People have
asked
for this but the security I built would cause a logout if you ever
connect from
a second computer. I may well add this as a checkbox during login if
I get
some time... (Not that it is a "hard" thing)