SURVEY - How did you originally come across Michael Sinz's WordWiggle Site?

FlyingJoe

Jan 6, 2007, 9:07:45 PM1/6/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club
I was wondering how most people find this site...

I suppose it mainly started with those Palm users who have downloaded
the WordWiggle game onto their Palm Pilots (I'm one of those). And
then I'm guessing that others have been referred to the site by
friends.

Personally, I've only managed to get one other person to come to the
site regularly, which I'm quite happy about, but I haven't really tried
that hard to get more. Now that I think about it, I suppose that I do
have other friends who like to play Boggle who may be interested. Maybe
that can be another 'electronic-type' resolution for me to follow this
year.
(see "2007 Resolutions" thread:
http://groups.google.ca/group/wordwiggle-fanclub/browse_thread/thread/06ff9d83613bf6a8/5daf17cacebdd52b?hl=en#5daf17cacebdd52b)

Including the 2 ways noted above, I would also love to know if some
found it by googling for Boggle games online...

cfitetx

Jan 7, 2007, 3:16:28 PM1/7/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club
I downloaded it from www.download.com for my Palm Pilot.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Cranky22uk

Jan 8, 2007, 11:50:20 AM1/8/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club
also came upon wordwiggle by looking for an online version of 'Boggle',
got the link originally from a site called GG wiz, which does not seem
to exist anymore.

EricBruin

Jan 8, 2007, 3:41:10 PM1/8/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club
I downloaded the Palm version and happily found the online version. I
just wish I didn't have to continually type in my email and password
when I log in. I also wished the palm version showed the number of
letters you've chosen as the minimum when you're playing the game.

otherwise, I'm addicted.

cacky

Jan 8, 2007, 8:58:05 PM1/8/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club
I, too, found the wordwiggle website through downloading wordwiggle for
my Palm Pilot.

FlyingJoe

Jan 9, 2007, 9:28:01 AM1/9/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club

EricBruin wrote:
> I just wish I didn't have to continually type in my email and password
> when I log in.

Good point - the site could use cookies to know that it's you coming
back and log you in directly rather than require the info. The good
news is that new browsers remember and automatically fill in fields
like these, if set correctly. I know that FireFox and Safari do it,
and I assume that Internet Explorer will do that as well.

I doubt that I could remember my password as I haven't entered it for a
couple of years now, as I only play from home (those pesky office
firewalls!).

FlyingJoe

Jan 9, 2007, 9:52:07 AM1/9/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club

I tried googling "Boggle" to see if it would come up, but only came
across the other sites, which are far less good than this. Google's
ranking system puts those most linked to other highly linked sites
first, so WordWiggle isn't up there. The word "Boggle" isn't found on
the site either (actually, is it anywhere on the site? I don't think
so), likely due to copyright issues, which also would not help on the
search, I suppose.

cfitetx

Jan 9, 2007, 10:59:35 PM1/9/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club

EricBruin wrote:
> just wish I didn't have to continually type in my email and password
> when I log in. > otherwise, I'm addicted.

I use IE 7 even with 6 you can double click inside the box for your
login name and it should appear. It automatically then fills in your
password. IE works that way with several login sites.

cfitetx

rubberchicken

Jan 13, 2007, 1:32:07 PM1/13/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club
I found out about this site from my brother who sent me a private
tournament challenge.

sal...@peoplepc.com

Feb 1, 2007, 9:34:29 PM2/1/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club
Hello there, FlyingJoe!!
i happen to be one of those who googled "boggle online" and found
yall! my life has been somewhat "chaotic;" and, that's putting it
extremely nice! when i'm playing, i can't think about the woes that
surround me. so, i thank you for setting this all up!!
ps- how in the heck do you get all those words so quickly??! i don't
mean by knowing their spelling; how do you click the letters? that
absolutely bewilders me!!?
thanks, FlyingJoe!! you've made a worn out mom a little less worn!!
sally

On Jan 6, 8:07 pm, "FlyingJoe" <flyingj...@mac.com> wrote:
> I was wondering how most people find this site...
>
> I suppose it mainly started with those Palm users who have downloaded
> the WordWiggle game onto their Palm Pilots (I'm one of those). And
> then I'm guessing that others have been referred to the site by
> friends.
>
> Personally, I've only managed to get one other person to come to the
> site regularly, which I'm quite happy about, but I haven't really tried
> that hard to get more. Now that I think about it, I suppose that I do
> have other friends who like to play Boggle who may be interested. Maybe
> that can be another 'electronic-type' resolution for me to follow this
> year.

> (see "2007 Resolutions" thread:http://groups.google.ca/group/wordwiggle-fanclub/browse_thread/thread...)

FlyingJoe

Feb 2, 2007, 11:47:04 PM2/2/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club
Hey Sally,

So glad you found the WordWiggle site! I only got this forum going but
Michael Sinz is the kind soul who created and runs the WordWiggle game
site itself. He posts here too from time to time so you can always
drop him an e-mail directly and let him know how you feel. I don't
think he's gotten much feedback in the past over his work and would
likely get a kick out of it.

As for getting all those words in, what's amazing is that there are a
few people much faster than I. I use the mouse alone to get my words,
while some others type them using the keyboard. So if you are a touch
typist, then that helps. :-)

In my case, I generally max out to around 50-60 points in a minute
which is just fine for most rounds. In the end it seems like the
hardest parts though are still learning some extra obscure words and
then spotting them in each board.

I'm glad you find some peace of mind by playing Boggle online with
us...

On Feb 1, 9:34 pm, "sal1...@peoplepc.com" <sal1...@peoplepc.com>

24_nynaeve

Feb 8, 2007, 5:21:22 AM2/8/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club
I joined an MSN quizzing group and wordwiggle is one of the games we
play, we have a private tournament for group members each week, but I
also play a lot of the public games too .
I usually prefer trivia and logic puzzles, but I am now officially
addicted to Wordwiggle!

MKSoft

Feb 10, 2007, 3:42:31 PM2/10/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club

Actually, I did not use the word Boggle since I never referenced
Boggle
when making this game. The first time I wrote WordWiggle was for a
small, unknown home computer back in the early 1980s. (I think it
was around 1982 or so, but...) I have written this now for many
different machines and have always enjoyed it. (Different languages,
different OS, different UI). The web site came about during Christmas
vacation while holding my first child and not really wanting to do
anything heavy. So, I wrote the first cut of the web based
WordWiggle.

Other than dictionary work, most of it was completed (part time work)
within the next few months (I had a real job and a new baby, not
much free time for play)

I initially targeted HTML 3.2 compatible browsers but finally gave up
on supporting all of them (many did not have the required JavaScript
support to handle WordWiggle's needs)

nikkipinkrose

Mar 24, 2007, 7:21:12 AM3/24/07
to WordWiggle Fan Club
My mum got me hooked on this game. id watch her play it every day but
never quite understand what to do.Then i did a practise game and found
it quite easy.An excellent game to keep the mind ticking!!!