Christmas Challenge 2009

SpursKevin

Nov 11, 2009, 11:48:59 PM11/11/09
to WordWiggle Fan Club
Hi Chums...

How about a Christmas tourney? These are my initial thoughts:

Ten games based on each of the Daily tournaments (4x4 3+, 5x5 3+, 6x6
6+, and 7x7 6+), with points awarded for the top five places in each
category (1st place 5pts , 2nd place 4pts ..... 5th place 1pt), with
points from each added to give a final score.

No prizes, except for being able to call yourself World WW Champion
for 2010, and we'll make it an Open Tournament so anyone can play
(invite friends).

Any comments, suggestions, alterations?

FlyingJoe

Nov 12, 2009, 6:27:33 PM11/12/09
to WordWiggle Fan Club
Sounds interesting!

What about if someone misses a day or two?

Could we say best 8 scores for each player out of 10 games? Makes it
too complicated I guess, but I just wanted to give some a chance if
they were going to be away some days...

SpursKevin

Nov 13, 2009, 12:07:47 AM11/13/09
to WordWiggle Fan Club

On Nov 12, 11:27 pm, FlyingJoe <flyingj...@mac.com> wrote:
> Sounds interesting!
>
> What about if someone misses a day or two?

I wasn't proposing playing the actual "Daily" games, I was thinking
about setting up special 10 game grids, each set to run for a week or
so. That way, you can play at your own leisure, and also gives
newcomers an opportunity to get involved.

MKSoft

Dec 13, 2009, 12:14:42 AM12/13/09
to WordWiggle Fan Club
So, I have made a set of 5 Happy Holidays tournaments. They run for
the next 7 days.

The first one is just a 10 board 5x5

The next have some type of special boards (hand built) to either say
something, increase scores, or have some other special
characteristics.

The games are not panic games so you have time to study the board, but
not too long :-)

And Happy Holidays!

MKSoft

Dec 13, 2009, 3:53:03 AM12/13/09
to WordWiggle Fan Club
PS - I just noticed a database failure - it may have happened during
the hardware move to the new data center - but anyway, we have lost
the detailed list of words found in the games for the last two weeks
or so. Sorry about that, but things should be much better now.

MKSoft

Dec 17, 2009, 1:52:41 AM12/17/09
to WordWiggle Fan Club
On Dec 12, 9:14 pm, MKSoft <michael.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I have made a set of 5 Happy Holidays tournaments.  They run for
> the next 7 days.

So, what do people think about these boards?

FlyingJoe

Dec 21, 2009, 11:18:14 AM12/21/09
to WordWiggle Fan Club
I love them.... No one has done a custom board for a while, so it was
a nice X-Mas gift! thanks Michael...

I was also going to write you about the missing lists of words and
then you fix it! So! Somehow you managed to move the server and no
one noticed the interruption... You take good care of us here...