"failed to compute keyword list"

Pauline Bureau

Nov 18, 2021, 10:51:17 AM11/18/21
to WordSmith Tools
Dear Pr. Scott,

I tried to make a keyword list of single-word units but WS indicates to me that it failed. However, when I try to do the same with mutli-word units, loading a reference index and a study index both made of multi-word units abstracted from the same texts as for the single-word ones, it works. Do you think it is because the single-word unit reference index contains too many entries ?

Thank you in advance for your time

Mike Scott

Nov 18, 2021, 11:32:17 AM11/18/21
to WordSmith Tools
Hi Pauline
I really don't know. Did you just get an error message stating that the procedure failed, no further details?
Yes I suppose one reason for failure would be an excessively large reference corpus but that would be rather unlikely. I recommend you open each word list and eyeball it to see whether it looks plausible, doesn't contain weird words etc.
A simple reason for failure is that WS thinks the two wordlists are from different languages but the error message should say that.

Cheers -- Mike