tag file

rg...@holyfamily.edu

Jan 1, 2021, 3:42:55 PM1/1/21
to WordSmith Tools
Hello Mike,

Sorry for asking a basic question.  I have a file tagged with Treetagger.  Wordlist recognizes the tags as separate from words, and I can get a plain wordlist with the tags hidden.  However, I can't get rid of the tags in a Concordance file.  When I search for "*_NN *_NN" I get noun noun concordances, but all the words includes tags, making it hard to read.

I created a tagfile of the Treetagger tagset, saving it as a text file with the name "Treetagger.tag," but WS doesn''t recognize it as a .tag file in Advanced Settings, only as a text file.

So, to sum up, I want to generate "*_NN *_NN" concordance lines but hide the tags - a relatively simple task, but I'm stumped!

Hope you have the time to help,

Roger

Mike Scott

Jan 2, 2021, 4:01:33 AM1/2/21
to WordSmith Tools
Hi Roger
HYN!

I have a file tagged with Treetagger.

PLease convert the file(s) to <TAG>word format. https://lexically.net/downloads/version8/HTML/mark_up_changes.html
That will enable you to get what you need.

CHeers -- Mike

rg...@holyfamily.edu

Jan 2, 2021, 4:11:08 PM1/2/21
to WordSmith Tools
Hello Mike,

You've always been very helpful, and thanks for the quick response!  I've used text converter before, but didn't realize it could be used for tags.  HNY to you as well,

Roger