KeyWords Database

Taylor

Oct 11, 2020, 2:20:16 AM10/11/20
to WordSmith Tools
Hi Mike,

I am working on my KeyWords database this evening and somewhere along the way I am making a mistake that I hope you can spot for me.

The KeyWords database is based on a wordlist of 47,622 types and a reference corpus wordlist of 63,547 types. When I run the wordlist, I only produce 430 entries and only the first 43 are positive entries (i.e., not red-inked).

This was really frustrating so I re-started my computer and tried again, but received the same results. I looked in my files for a previously saved .kws file and found one from Feb 2020 and it was based on the same wordlists as those that I described above. But in the saved .kws file, there are 3000 entries and the negative entries begin at entry 811.

Do you know what is going wrong for me here?

Thank you in advance!
Kind regards,
Taylor

Mike Scott

Oct 11, 2020, 4:40:28 AM10/11/20
to WordSmith Tools
Try checking out your wordlist on a different reference corpus. And a different wordlist on the same ref corpus wordlist. And of course look into the settings in the Controller to see that they are sensible and haven't got screwed up.

Cheers, Mike

Taylor

Oct 11, 2020, 9:02:47 AM10/11/20
to WordSmith Tools
Hi Mike,

Good ideas. Thank you! I'll try them and let you know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Taylor

Taylor

Oct 11, 2020, 1:06:50 PM10/11/20
to WordSmith Tools
Hi Mike,

I set the Controller settings to factory. Then I saved the Corpora as wordlists again. I ran the two wordlists against each other in the KeyWords database and got the same results that I described last evening. I then ran one of the Oct lists against a Feb list and got a good results output. I ran the other Oct list against it as well and, again, got a good results output. So, I only get a bad output when I run the two Oct lists against each other. I can't figure out why that should be the case.

I wanted to update you at any rate. Thank you for your help, Mike.

Kind regards,
Taylor