Fail to generate keyword list

liusi...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2020, 7:38:17 AM10/19/20
to WordSmith Tools
Dear colleagues,

When I generate a keyword list and every time I do it I get this notice for different searching items:

I have tried so many times, but I always get the error report, the only difference is failing to different searching items. Anyone else encountering this?

The version is 8.0.0.45, and I attach the error report here.

Thanks in advance,

Carina

error report.txt

Mike Scott

Oct 19, 2020, 8:25:07 AM10/19/20
to WordSmith Tools
Dear Carina

KeyWords, after generating the key words, is concordancing the text files to identify contexts and make plots etc. When it gets to one text file it is getting a problem:

C:\Users\47404\Desktop\Dissertation\final_version_study_corpus\study corpus\MARPOL_2014.txt

If you examine that text, can you find out
a) how big it is?
b) whether you can make a word list of it using the WordList tool?
c) whether you can select a few items (such as FACILITIES) in the word list and get WordSmith to compute a concordance of them?

Cheers -- Mike