version 6 expired

Roné Wierenga

Aug 4, 2020, 7:09:37 AM8/4/20
to WordSmith Tools
Hi,

I have been using Wordsmith Tools Version 6 for the past two years. My institution provided me with a license. Recently, I got a new computer and downloaded Wordsmith Tools Version 6 and registered with my old license number (the one I've always used). Wordsmith accepts my license but keeps giving a message saying "Version expired" which now results in my Wordsmith functioning as a Demo version.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how I can fix it?

Mike Scott

Aug 4, 2020, 7:39:42 AM8/4/20
to WordSmith Tools
Hi Roné

I have been using Wordsmith Tools Version 6 for the past two years. My institution provided me with a license. Recently, I got a new computer and downloaded Wordsmith Tools Version 6 and registered with my old license number (the one I've always used). Wordsmith accepts my license but keeps giving a message saying "Version expired" which now results in my Wordsmith functioning as a Demo version.

If you were given a valid single user registration it will depend on whether your Uni time-limited it. If they did and it has expired, that's it.
You could email me (mike at lexically dot net) the details and I will check for you.

Cheers -- Mike