FW: Letter to King Juan Carlos I of Spain (re HR Medal awarded to GMA)

Arnold Tarrobago

Dec 12, 2007, 9:35:58 PM12/12/07
to +AKBAYANFORUM, +COMPACT-IOM-2007, +DAUPAN_ONLINE, +ENET, +FOA_FORUM, +MALUNGGAY_BRIGADE, +MANRESA87, +PATHMEMBERS, +T'BAK, +WORDPRESSPINOYS

A Luta Continua...

To: tarr...@hotmail.com
Subject: Letter to King Juan Carlos I. of Spain
From: philippi...@asienhaus.de
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:05:24 +0100

Dear Collegues, dear friends,

King Juan Carlos I. of Spain has commented Philippines president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo for being "at the forefront of liberties and the defence of human rights with the abolition of the death penalty, a gesture which gave us satisfaction". In the light of the continuation of extrajudicial executions, enforced disappearances and other grave human rights abuses, this statement begs the questions, whether the King has considered the recently published report of the UN Special Rapporteur on Extrajudicial Executions Philip Alston.

Please find attached a sample letter to King Juan Carlos I. of Spain, asking him to bring up the human rights issues discussed in the Alston Report with authorities in the Philippines.

Kind Regards,

Philipp Bück

If you do not want to receive further emails, please click here:
Zum Abmelden hier klicken.

Blog it to your Space with Live Writer! Windows Live Writer
Aktionsbrief_12-07_King_Juan_Carlos.doc
A-HRC8-Philippines_Advance.pdf