ios keep submenu open when child links are anchors on parent page

Jenny Medford

Nov 11, 2016, 12:08:27 PM11/11/16
to wordpres...@googlegroups.com

I am experiencing an issue on this site: http://paddedpawsatx.com/

with the Services dropdown menu on iOS. All of the child links are links to anchors on the Services page (the Parent page).

If you are on any page but the Services page, it behaves the way I would like it to. You click on the Services link, the dropdown appears and stays visible until you click a child link or click on the parent link again. This is ideal.

However if you are ON the Services (parent) page then clicking on the Services link opens the submenu but also immediately reloads the page so you really don't have time to see what the sublinks are or click on one.

I need it to behave on the Services page exactly like it does on every other.

I am nto sure how to overcome this, any ideas?

.nav li ul.sub-menu, .nav li ul.children {
margin-top: 0;
border-top: 0;
position: absolute;
display: none;
z-index: 8999;
}
.nav li:hover ul {
top: auto;
display: block;
}

Jenny

 @   http://www.websydaisy.com
 ~|    Web Design to Grow Your Business

Jenny Medford

Nov 11, 2016, 12:52:01 PM11/11/16
to wordpres...@googlegroups.com
FYI, I temporarily changed the link for the Parent "Services" to just a #, which forces it to behave correctly on ios. But I prefer to have the Parent link actually link to the Services page.

Pat Ramsey

Nov 11, 2016, 1:11:00 PM11/11/16
to wordpres...@googlegroups.com
One trick might be to create two Services menu items. One for the services page, one for the rest. You can add a class to each menu item, then use CSS to show/hide them depending on the page you’re on.

It’s a hack, but it might do the job.

Cheers!

Pat

Jenny Medford

Nov 11, 2016, 1:49:48 PM11/11/16
to wordpres...@googlegroups.com
What I ended up doing is detecting what kind of device the user is using, and showing the menu with the Parent link as a link when on a desktop, and showing a menu where the Parent link is not really a link but a # when it is any other kind of device. I think that will work for now.

Our meeting information is available at http://www.meetup.com/austinwordpress/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WordPress Austin" group.