Needing Guidance for WP revisions

Debbie Cerda

Dec 27, 2016, 4:01:09 PM12/27/16
to wordpres...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks --

So while I've been very clear with a new client that I'm not a WP developer and would help with minor revisions to his site, I'm venturing into deep water and would appreciate some guidance.

My role is technical consultant for water related services, and therefore more content manager/creator. Not looking to dismantle this site, but simply revise some of the subpages under the Menu. For example, there's a NEWS submenu with ARTICLES and MEDIA. No content for media, so should delete. Need to create a TEAM page under about, etc.

Go into the dashboard -- no Menu tool there. Appears to be using Swell Lite, but can't locate much in regards to how the structure is managed.

Oddly it seems that while the registrar is listed at GoDaddy, the account states that there's "no hosting plan" set up or access to cPanel. Yet there appears to have been a purchase of the Deluxe Web Hosting Linux in 2010 that goes through 2020.

We'd hoped to revise the Menu, which I assume that the previous admin had been doing through direct file upload to FTP? I've asked him for the host/username/password available for the FTP client site manager -- again, can't locate via GoDaddy.

Thanks for any insight -- I'll buy you beer for some pointers (and first consideration for hire when we have major site update!)

Sincerely
Debbie

Haylie McCort

Dec 27, 2016, 4:43:00 PM12/27/16
to wordpres...@googlegroups.com
Hi Debbie

According to BuiltWith.com, the hosting is indeed live at GoDaddy.  Simply call them up and ask for help with the account,  dispite all the naysayers , their tech support guys are actually quite competent.  If you cannot get the FTP from prior developer, GoDaddy can help you create a new FTP with full access to the CPANEL backend.

The theme is Swell Lite.  You don't need to access CPANEL/Godaddy to fix the menu issues or add new page issues, that is fixable inside the WordPress admin area.

Without your logins, we can't access your WP dashboard, so not sure what you mean there.

If you need help, just email me directly and I'll help you out.

Happy Holidays,
Haylie

Haylie K. McCort
DotcomCowgirl Media
www.dotcomcowgirl.com

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Debbie Cerda

Dec 27, 2016, 5:20:40 PM12/27/16
to Haylie McCort, wordpres...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to you and Bobbie --  recuperating from cold has me not up to snuff!

On second pass it may simply be that I've only been granted editor and not administrator role, so I've restated my request to previous admin. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sincerely
Debbie