Migrating WP site from http to https

Art Thompson, Jr.

Sep 7, 2017, 4:47:54 PM9/7/17
to wordpress-austin
Hey, does anyone know of a blog post or have some best practices for migrating a WP site from http to https? I've got one coming up rather quickly followed by a few more in the coming weeks. None of these are ecommerce sites, btw.

Karen Kreps

Sep 7, 2017, 5:02:22 PM9/7/17
to wordpres...@googlegroups.com
Use the free plugin Super Simple SSL. It works like a charm. If necessary, augment it with Velvet Blues URL.

KK

Karen Kreps
Net Ingenuity

Increase your net worth with ingenuity. Net Ingenuity.

www.netingenuity.com

Art Thompson, Jr.

Sep 7, 2017, 5:34:59 PM9/7/17
to wordpress-austin
Thanks, Karen. In the time that it took me to ask that, I should have considered that Chris Coyier would likely have covered it at some point, and so he did:

It covered a bit more than I needed to do, but, between his post and using the searchreplacedb script to update the db, I had it done in about 5 minutes.

Cheers,

On Sep 7, 2017, at 3:47 PM, Art Thompson, Jr. <a...@logicalthings.com> wrote:

Hey, does anyone know of a blog post or have some best practices for migrating a WP site from http to https? I've got one coming up rather quickly followed by a few more in the coming weeks. None of these are ecommerce sites, btw.

Our meeting information is available at http://www.meetup.com/austinwordpress/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WordPress Austin" group.