Virtual art show with voting, prize raffle with ticket purchases

Lorin Rivers

Apr 24, 2020, 4:01:34 PM4/24/20
to wordpres...@googlegroups.com
Hey party people, is this mic on?

I am co-founder, MC, and webmaster for a local charity. We support the Candlelighters program <https://anybabycan.org/what-we-do/care-candlelighters/> of Any Baby Can. We host one event per year out at Luckenbach, The Harvest Classic <http://www.harvestclassic.org/>. We have donated around $750,000 in the course of our 17 years, so far.

We raise money from donations, ticket sales, raffle ticket sales, and an auction.

We think we have many of the parts figured out about running the event virtually. There are three things I would like to virtualize for this event:
  •  Bike Show:
    • You have to have a full rally registration to enter a bike in the show. Having a day pass is not sufficient.
    • Bikes are in mostly year-based categories and visitors vote on their favorite bike in each one
    • We want people who have fully registered to be able to enter their bikes in the show and upload images & video of the bike along with information about the bike (year, manufacturer, model… these are bike nerds). All this accessible by the entrants.
    • Then display these bikes and allow visitors to vote. Might hit-up voters for donations or require being a registered user (like a day pass).
    • Finally want to be able to easily judge the winners, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd plus a peoples’ choice overall winner.
  • Raffle—Typically have two:
  • Auction Tradition—something small, such as a small air compressor or generator round robin purchase:
    • somehow the tradition of auctioning a small item off for a high price, then the winner re-donates the item, and repeat until many people have paid well over retail each. It’s really cool
Anyone have any plugin suggestions or want to help make something custom to handle part(s) of this as way to volunteer?

Hope everyone is staying safe. It felt weird to go to the bank with a bandana over my face, I tell you whut.

Lorin