Random Words: is there a maximum for the limit param?

Felix Jung

Aug 29, 2022, 12:22:20 AM8/29/22
to Wordnik API
Hello Wordnik!

I was looking again at the /words.json/randomWords endpoint, and seem to be running into a snag. I was looking to get a list of 100 random words, but recently... it seems like the number of results are much less than what I'm asking for with the limit param.

Is there a cap on the number of results to return? I'm seeing this behavior in my code, as well as on developer.wordnik.com.

I don't think it's my other params interfering, but maybe I'm wrong there. At the end of teh day, I'm primarily interested in 100 random nouns or 100 random adjectives, etc.

For reference:

Cheers,
-Felix Jung

Erin McKean

Jan 8, 2023, 8:18:45 PM1/8/23
to wordn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Felix!

I'm so sorry to take so long to answer this! The answer is, as seems to be usual with us at the moment, is that this is a bug. We have a fix planned for this quarter if all goes well!

If you want to be part of the testing group for the new version, you can sign up for the api testing list here: http://eepurl.com/bPCg0D

Thank you!

Erin