question: how often does data change?

Venky

Apr 11, 2019, 5:24:47 AM4/11/19
to Wordnik API
hello folks

I am implementing API calls using PHP and, of course, use a simple but fast caching mechanism.

My question is how often does the dictionary get updated, roughly? Every day/week/month? I need to set the time limit for the cache accordingly.

For the more frequent words, i just plan to use the plain definition. hence the question

Thanks

Venky

Erin McKean

Apr 11, 2019, 10:37:51 PM4/11/19
to wordn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Venky!

Thanks so much for your question. Unfortunately, we do not allow caching of our API call responses unless you are using the paid Enterprise tier. You can do *limited* caching of your app's formatted data, but only for 24 hours.

Please take a look at our terms of service, here: https://developer.wordnik.com/terms. (Also, please make sure you understand our Attribution requirements!)

Thanks again!

Erin

Venky

Apr 12, 2019, 12:11:00 AM4/12/19
to Wordnik API
Hi Erin

Mental note for myself to always check the terms of use for anything and everything in future :-)

I shall email you folks separately on what I plan to do

Regards
Venky
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wordn...@googlegroups.com.