randomWord returns 500 error when using "noun-posessive" part of speech

Brian Stephens

Jul 1, 2019, 12:39:05 PM7/1/19
to Wordnik API
I have a website application that requests a random word from Wordnik, and it is now broken because it seems that "noun-posessive" is no longer supported. It is still listed (misspelled, as always) in the docs page as an option for both includePartOfSpeech and excludePartOfSpeech, but doesn't work for either. I tried it spelled correctly too ("noun-possessive"), hoping that maybe someone finally fixed the spelling, but that didn't work either.

Does anyone know why it's broken, or when it will be fixed? Is there an alternate parameter value that would function the same?

Erin McKean

Jul 1, 2019, 4:04:38 PM7/1/19
to wordn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian! I'm so sorry, this is a bug and we're actively working on a fix. I'll post again to this group when it's working.

Thanks for your patience!

Erin